• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage air

cbautoworks1

Loc.
nashville
I have a vintage air system with the 4 button control setup. It has about 20k miles on it since the rebuild was done. The defrost does not work and I have never been able to keep it anywhere near cool in the summer. I am ok with a trade off if it to keep you warm in the winter but it never has. Now the defrost is not working at all. Does anyone have a better option or know what may be wrong with my system? I do have a soft top but it seals really well. I'm not looking to make ice, or sweat in the winter but the factory heat was 1000 times better than what I have know and it would at least keep the window clear on a cold day.

i

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
It sounds to me like you could have a few issues with the blend door actuators. I am not familiar with the older generation units but it sounds like you have air flow restrictions

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Factory defroster ducting is old and fragile. It could have broken. VA/BC's instructions warn of this.
The vendors sell new defroster ducting out of much tougher plastic than stock. But its a bitch to install Bud.