• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hidden Winch Bumper - ICON Style

marcussly27

Contributor
Does anyone know where ICON gets there front bumper from? Guessing it's custom. I'm trying to to for that look and have only found the one from Dufftuff and Toms, links below. The Duff Tuff one I heard looks like a picnic table with how long and flat it is. Are there any others out there? I'm leaning towards the Toms one right now. Thanks!

http://www.dufftuff.com/hidden_winch_smooth_plate_bumper_early_bronco_ford_p/4941.htm

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/impact-series-hidden-winch-bumper

chriskent85

I have the Duff but I do not have the body on yet. I just didnt like the hole in the top of the TBP bumper. I would rather have my winch completely hidden.

If you look at the pic below you will see what Im talking about. This is what made my mind up but that is just me.
34772_ep1315_005-mz792t71vl7ry381r5b8hhvsrvdphxlit65puvh9by.jpg

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Without that hole or a hole with a door over it you couldn't access the winch to actually use it.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
you use it just like you would on any other hidden winch bumper. By remote! lol
And the freewheeling option? Inspection of the rope for laying flat on the drum as its supposed to?

I'm in a position where I want to hide a Superwinch Talon 18k behind the CTD's OEM front bumper (ALL of the aftermarket options are UGLY) so I've been thinking about these things.

chriskent85

I called James Duff and asked them if they made a winch mount for the bumper. Not sure how you would check your rope

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love the thought of hidden winches, but hate the actual reality of them...what a PITA to use. I've got some friends that run rear winches tucked up and under the bed of their rigs, and while they do come in handy, being able to see the spool certainly makes winching funner IMO.

chriskent85

By doing some research I think the winch mounts to the bumper itself and has no extra mounting points.

OP
OP
M

marcussly27

Contributor
That's looks real good! That's the Duffy bumper of course right? So you had to custom cut those lights into them? What kind of lights are those? Thanks

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Actually looks like he started out with the new Protofab hidden winch bumper but was not a fan of the body lift gap so he swapped it out for the Duffs. The finished bumper pics are Protofab

He added Rigid SR-Q2 Lights

More photos

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is where its at now:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is a mixture of 2 different hidden winch bumpers, I own both:) I am going to sell the protofab.

Do you have a body lift?

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
duffymahoney's bumper

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The picture of it mounted is the protofab. I just didn't like the body gap, you can raise the bumper up easily, but I just decided on the dufftuff one.

The protofab bumper will be for sale soon. Just FYI. It's custom made. With rigid LEDs. I will take a hit on it to get it sold.

The dufftuff requires a 1" body lift. Icon makes his own bumpers, he has sold 1 of them to a none icon customer to my knowledge.

OP
OP
M

marcussly27

Contributor
I would be interested in the protofab one you want to sell! I won't be having a body lift. Feel free to PM me for details. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

marcussly27

Contributor
Also where is that Protofab bumper available at? I couldn't find it on their website.