• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bay Area Shops

SFLuber

Loc.
SF, CA
Guys, I need your help.

Living in SF limits the amount of work I can do myself. At this point, my landlord has made it very clear I am no longer allowed to work on my truck in the garage.

I am looking for a trusted shop recommendation in the Bay Area. I have been to Alloy Motors in Oakland and I like their work but it is far from affordable. My old shop closed down and I am now finding out why.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Doug

Last edited:

rockriders

Check out The 4x4 Shop in Livermore. Joe has had a few Bronco's so he should be able to take care of you. Tell him Jeddi sent you.

House

Minutia Militia
Depending on what you want, also check with Andrew at Baja Broncos Unlimited up in Petaluma.
He does outstanding work...

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Couldn't you just park in the Autozone parking lot and wrench like everyone else? :)

I know you want shops, but there may still be some community workspace garages (where you can borrow tools & wrench on your vehicle) for cars in SF. Twelve years ago my girlfriend worked on her car in one...of course the name escapes me now. Not sure it still even exists.

What does exist are the motorcycle community garages. Piston & Chain as well as Motoguild. You may want to give each of them a call to see if they know of equivalent spaces for people to work on their own cars.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That has got to be a PITA not being able to work on it in your own garage.

Good luck bud

marshall godron

Shop

How close are you looking? Devil mountain. Diesel in concord. Right off 680 he's done work on my pu. Good guys he also has 3 of his own Broncos and a few he works on for coustomer's

OP
OP
S

SFLuber

Loc.
SF, CA
Also, would these shops be ones you would suggest for restoration as well as mechanical repair or just mechanical repair?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
It would help if you could share some of your plans and how far you want to travel.
There are guys who work out of their garages doing this stuff in the South bay. No paint, but electrical and mechanical...

If it were me, I would want to be close enough to check on progress regularly.

Also try listing your request on Norcalbroncos.com

Doug

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
Depending on what you want, also check with Andrew at Baja Broncos Unlimited up in Petaluma.
He does outstanding work...

X2 on Andrew for bronco restoration, he is very good. If you need awesome fab work and all around great customization check out Bink at Bink's Fabrication in Salida. Both of these guy's do top notch work.

OP
OP
S

SFLuber

Loc.
SF, CA
I live in SF and P-town is about as far as I am willing to go. It was just broken into so I need a new window and stereo wiring from insurance money. Then while the carpet is out, pull the seats and dynomat the whole rig. Install all the new weather stripping I have and tighten up the fitment of the drivers side door. I would also like to see what I can budget for an underhood chean up/rerouting of lines and potentially moving to EFI. I want to do longer trips with way more comfort. Lastly, I would like to start talking about getting the exterior refreshed as well.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the kind words guys. This all sounds like stuff I could do and fit in. I have all the windows for an EB in stock and with the rain coming I can make time as soon as today/tomorrow for you if you wanted.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I live in SF and P-town is about as far as I am willing to go. It was just broken into so I need a new window and stereo wiring from insurance money. Then while the carpet is out, pull the seats and dynomat the whole rig. Install all the new weather stripping I have and tighten up the fitment of the drivers side door. I would also like to see what I can budget for an underhood chean up/rerouting of lines and potentially moving to EFI. I want to do longer trips with way more comfort. Lastly, I would like to start talking about getting the exterior refreshed as well.

Given your needs and travel distance goals, I would say Andrew is your best bet.
I have been to his shop and seen the quality work that he does... I do not think you will be disappointed. Be sure to post pictures of your progress!

welndmn

Bronco Guru
If your ever need a place to wrench, I'm in concord and have a good sized shop in my back yard.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, we can likely help you (at least initially) right here.

But if it's an involved problem, no issue starting your own discussion about it rather than one looking for a shop.
Some of the same things may apply of course, but you'll get more traction in your own thread with the title "electrical question" or something like that. Or also if you ask it in an electrical question thread already existing if you prefer.

Otherwise if you need a shop there is also Deetz Off Road in Tracy (up in the hills near Grant Line).

Good luck with the question(s)!

Paul