• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rubber Transfer Case Mounts

Swerve

Does any one know where I can get a set of new, stock style, rubber transfer case mounts?

Maybe Ford part numbers so I can look for NOS if aftermarket is not available?

Thanks, Swerve

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
WH has both poly and rubber.

Duff prolly does too.

I went to a Heavy Equipment place once. They serviced semi's and such.
I was sent there by an old man at a NAPA that didn't have TC mounts available without ordering back in the 80's.
The semi part house had them. Still being used in the 80's for something on semi's. Prolly a tranny mount.
Anyway...I just replaced them a year or so ago. They were pretty beat.
Replaced them with poly.

I just looked and didn't see them at JBG, WH, or Duff's.

NPD, LMC, and Dennis Carpenter may have them. They are more OEM.

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

Thanks bronconut73,

I had just called WH...theirs are poly only.

Duffs website does not show them either...

Any one else?

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I kinda of wish I went with rubber mounts instead of the poly, just curious maybe other people can chime in. I just think the poly mounts send a lot more vibration into the cab.
But it s been so long since I have had good rubber mounts I'm really not sure

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I felt no difference between rubber and poly TC mounts. But my rubber ones were in pretty bad shape.

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

I felt no difference between rubber and poly TC mounts. But my rubber ones were in pretty bad shape.

Yes, I might not be able to tell a difference either...I just thought if rubber ones could be sourced I would go that route...Looks like it may be poly by default!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You won't be disappointed. The poly ones hold the transfer case perfectly into position...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
does anyone have a pic of where the wedge/bumper thingy goes. I did search but didn't find any, and I know I have seen it before:(