• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
JB Fab cable shifters are next on the list :cool:

5Gk0bae.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Not much to update lately. I made a template for the JB Fab cable shifters and I will get it cut and bent up today. It will weld to the floor bars and the console will cover it up.

pcBvxmN.jpg

MZD9AV4.jpg

I started covering the HUGE hole that I created when I installed the ZF. I made it extra large for the Atlas :cool:

eZ0X9gm.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Cable shifter mount is finished up
CVxdJz7.jpg

Harness bars are done as well. I kept it low so my son can crawl through. Now I have to pull the top, dash and cage to weld it up.
R8bZidI.jpg

3khHVca.jpg

5u7o8z4.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Cage has been pulled and it will be welded up this weekend. Things should go quicker once the cage is back in.

xhT1BsO.jpg

I designed up a mounting plate to allow the US Shift Quick 4 to be flush mounted in a panel or dash. This will work until I can get the new dash and console built. I’m having a few laser cut so I’ll have extras if anyone wants to do the same.

0BXC7hq.jpg

Ljbhw9V.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Cage is back in and I got the laser cut pieces from the fab shop.

63PaQ6U.jpg

Qtpbc94.jpg

jzDg5u9.jpg

KK6GDuy.jpg

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Wrapping up the swap. I was able to put a few miles on it yesterday :cool:. I have an appointment at the exhaust shop on the 23rd so I hope he can make something work. The 4R is wider than the ZF and my upper link shares the same space :eek:

KYM1U7C.jpg

MJrjChP.jpg

The cable bracket needed some work and the shift arm is close to the driveshaft.
6CQH517.jpg

Happy how this turned out
chs5j7U.jpg

eb-nutt1

Without going back 69 pages, is your wheelbase stretched? And if so, how much front, rear? Bronco looks great!!

Brian

BanditBronco

looks like you snaked more cable bracket to driveshaft room than me honestly. I am super curious what you are going to get exhaust wise, mine was f'n tight without having a link to deal with. I also tap the drivers side exhaust tube on the cross over with the driveshaft at full stuff. The larger bell housing doesn't allow for as much tuck up between bell housing and pan for exhaust to run across.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Looking great Jaromy!

Thanks, Brian

Without going back 69 pages, is your wheelbase stretched? And if so, how much front, rear? Bronco looks great!!

Brian

I am at 98 inches. 3 front and 3 back

Really nice Jaromy!!!!!

Wish I was making it to Moab to check it out in person. %)

It was nice to see you last year even without my Bronco :) I'm hoping the Safari isn't canceled due to the virus :cry:

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
looks like you snaked more cable bracket to driveshaft room than me honestly. I am super curious what you are going to get exhaust wise, mine was f'n tight without having a link to deal with. I also tap the drivers side exhaust tube on the cross over with the driveshaft at full stuff. The larger bell housing doesn't allow for as much tuck up between bell housing and pan for exhaust to run across.

I am not sure if it is even possible to crossover now that the trans is wider. My upper link was right in the way with the ZF, but we were able to make it work. This might be impossible

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 81

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good (understatement of the year)...would fenderwell exit headers be an option?

BanditBronco

I am not sure if it is even possible to crossover now that the trans is wider. My upper link was right in the way with the ZF, but we were able to make it work. This might be impossible

Keep oval tube in mind, I know a lot of the lowered scene uses it so they can run lower to the ground. Could help you get between some things without losing flow. You will probably have to have some oval to round collectors made but it can be done.

kman67

Contributor
Loc.
Aptos
Looking at your roll cage, I've noticed you and a lot of people don't connect the cross bars (at the A pillar and C pillar) to the bent part of the tube where it bends from a pillar to horizontal. Are we not supposed to connect tubes to bends? Your build is looking awesome!! Keep up the good work.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's too bad you can't use the cavity in the frame rails for something useful.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Keep oval tube in mind, I know a lot of the lowered scene uses it so they can run lower to the ground. Could help you get between some things without losing flow. You will probably have to have some oval to round collectors made but it can be done.

I was actually looking at oval tube today. There are a few online suppliers that I could get it from if needed. I’m sure it will be needed.