• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator Coolant/Washer Combo tank - Mounting

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I am looking to use the same reservoir and would be interested in a bracket as well. one thing i don't understand is I appear to have a triangular brace that run right thru the area the reservoir wants to occupy.
my 1st question, is this brace stock or added by a previous owner (looks stock to me).
if stock, did you guys remove them or was it a year to year difference. some had them some didn't...

I think that brace is a '77 only item.

My 76 had one and it had to come out to get the tank in there.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
We are still working on it. Both of us are busy right now so we don't get together as often as we would like. I will have an update soon

Thanks. I'm the little kid - "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?.."

jrwyant

Contributor
My '77 has that brace too, but I'm able to carefully work in the combo bottle, so I'll leave that brace in place.

Attachments

• IMG_6242.jpg
    IMG_6242.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6243.jpg
    IMG_6243.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

TSmall

Loc.
Sherwood
We are getting closer. There are a few more things that need to be tweaked and then we will have a few cut for some local guys to mount up so we can get some feedback. Thanks for your patience

00FAC370-5A4C-4B29-ABA5-C7EA3987ABD4_zpsso8sud9z.jpg

0B2D1F49-D5E8-4DB1-8EFC-53ED9F3C5374_zps0ad14se0.jpg

BAFBA911-FF70-400B-A2CA-A05B0F9AEF80_zpstfwmufrr.jpg

Looking for some input on this guys. As you can see, our current design has the bracket on the bottom of the inner fender flange. The problem with this is it requires the removal of the factory fender clips in favor of a nut/bolt combo in order to mount it up. Thoughts on this?

I can redesign the bracket where it mounts on top of the fender and will allow you to utilize the existing fender clips, but not sure how that will look aesthetically.

Open to suggestions - Let me know if you have any comments.

mauibronco

sorry brah, I'm not smart enough to give you suggestions....but I will give you my money to purchase one when you go to market!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
The design has been finalized and the cut file has been sent out for laser cutting and CNC formed. I think everyone will be happy with the way it looks and the ease of install.

drock

Any updates on when it might be available to purchase in 2017?

JSmall

Bronco Guru
We cut 10 prototypes out of aluminum and I have them right now. The material is a little thin, but they should work. I will offer these at a cheaper price to a few guys so they can be tested. We know of a few changes that need to be made so we will make those on the next run.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I will take one as well! You could take the fender clips and mount them onto the bracket. I think that would work very well possibly! My .02