• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What year is this Bronco?

texk

Loc.
Franklin
Long story but my late uncle had this Bronco and it is the reason I fell in live with them as a kid. Finally got my own this year. My aunt had these pictures but didn't recall the model year. It was totaled in '75 or '76 and was at least 4-5 years old then, I think.

Anyone have an educated guess on what year this one is from the pix? Purely sentimental curiosity.

Attachments

• UK Bronco 2.jpg
    UK Bronco 2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 198
  • UK Bronco 3.jpg
    UK Bronco 3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 210
  • UK Bronco 1.jpg
    UK Bronco 1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 157

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Well, it's at least a '70 based on the side marker lights. If it was a V8, it would have to be a '72 or newer.

Todd Z.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I think I see an exhaust pipe on the drivers side so it is most likely a V8 switched to dual exhaust.

OP
OP
T

texk

Loc.
Franklin
Well, it's at least a '70 based on the side marker lights. If it was a V8, it would have to be a '72 or newer.

Todd Z.

I'm 99% sure it was a V8. Why would that make it a '72 or newer? My '68 has a V8 (289).

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'm 99% sure it was a V8. Why would that make it a '72 or newer? My '68 has a V8 (289).

'70 was the first year of the side marker lights which the photos show. In '70 and '71 there would have been a 302 emblem on each fender noting it as a V8 model. Ford stopped using the emblem in '72. So, with side marker lights and no emblem, yours would need to be '72 or later provided the emblems weren't removed at some point.

OP
OP
T

texk

Loc.
Franklin
You guys are definitely the Encyclopedia Bronco. Thanks for all the help. Based on my memory of 1st cousin crashing it and our ages, '72-'73 makes perfect sense. I plan on framing one of these pic's and hanging it in the garage. We sure had a blast in it before it died. Many a empty Miller pony bottle was thrown at road signs from that baby.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Do you recall if it was auto or manual? If auto, that would make it a 73.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Do you recall if it was auto or manual? If auto, that would make it a 73."

Just trying to learn this morning -

so how does one know its a '73 if you knew it was an automatic?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Automatic became an option in '73.

With the side marker lights, lack of 302 emblems on the fender, and an automatic transmission, it couldn't be a '72. Would have to be a '73-'76. Going by his recollection of it being a 72/73, it would have to be the '73 if it was an auto. Provided it was still stock of course.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
If it has a Hazard light bar on the dash it's a 73. Only year for that but that would be tough to figure out from these pictures;D

OP
OP
T

texk

Loc.
Franklin
Definitely was manual transmission. Don't remember a hazard light bar on dash but that was a LONG time ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

texk

Loc.
Franklin
Did any year model come with the fender flares or was that aftermarket? Also, I assume the wheels were aftermarket.