• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone See this!?

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
that bidding website is junk....i ant even scroll through it all without it locking up, plus ik can't even register to bid...

pipeline010

ya, I went through, created account, and began bidding on a few items I needed while cross referencing prices and what I REALLY wanted.

Example: I need a new wiring harness (eventually). Ok, they've got a few Am.Autowire Universals for a good price...but wait, $150? +15%?=172. $25 handling fee? Then shipping? 30 bucks or so?

Summit has the exact same ones for 450 with free shipping...AND I don't really want a universal, would prefer painless or centech at least. So saving maybe 150 bucks on a harness I don't really want? pass...

everything else has been similar.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Pretty much the same here. The initial price seems great, until you start adding all of the "fees" and shipping, then it's not such a good deal after all.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
So all these parts are in Nebraska? I haven't registered yet but I've scanned a few pages and have my eye on a couple things. Guess I need to look into the fees. Do they show shipping or do you just have to imagine?

FJB

The good Bronco stuff is all online and I agree, the handling fees seem high. I live in Nebraska so I could pick up what I ordered to save shipping, but the few items I am interested in just don't seem worth the trouble. I'm going to be out of town next weekend so I won't even be able to go to the live auction for the shop equipment. Not that I really need anything. FJB

Jolly Roger

I contacted the shipper pakmail and got a cost estimate on shipping the 2 corbeau front seats, back bench seat and approximately 100lbs of other stuff and the quote came back at$748.00 from Pakmail. That doesn't include the 15% buyers premium or handling fee's and the terms and conditions are also vague on whether sales tax will need to be payed if shipped. Says in most cases it won't but leaves the option open.

pipeline010

Yep, and I was outbid on every single item I went for. One of them being valve covers which have been bid OVER the Wildhorse retail price and the transfer case (rebuilt) which is pushing up near 500 when graveyard has them for 625. Of course, when they don't work properly graveyard would stand behind them.

I think a lot of people are about to realize they've been very ripped off. There's some good bulk deals in there and I hope our bronco retailers have had a chance to add some inventory on the cheap, but for most of us this is a terrible deal.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I contacted the shipper pakmail and got a cost estimate on shipping the 2 corbeau front seats, back bench seat and approximately 100lbs of other stuff and the quote came back at$748.00 from Pakmail.

Palletized and sent to a commercial business?
Dealing with these people comes down to not using home delivery for the larger items if you want to keep the costs down.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Someone got one style of 66' rear view mirror plus some other mirrors for $13. There looked to be a nice chrome 66' front bumper with bumperettes in the auction too. If the other end was in the same condition as the near end, it wasn't a bad deal.

Jolly Roger

The $748 was the cost estimate for putting it all on 1 pallet and shipping to commercial address with a loading dock and forklift. I opted to not bid on anything after receiving this quote.

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
Yep, and I was outbid on every single item I went for. One of them being valve covers which have been bid OVER the Wildhorse retail price and the transfer case (rebuilt) which is pushing up near 500 when graveyard has them for 625. Of course, when they don't work properly graveyard would stand behind them.

I think a lot of people are about to realize they've been very ripped off. There's some good bulk deals in there and I hope our bronco retailers have had a chance to add some inventory on the cheap, but for most of us this is a terrible deal.

What kind of valve covers are you looking for? I have a set of stock ones in my garage in Ventnor that are just collecting dust. Let me know if you are interested, you can come check them out next time we go down there. (We just left yesterday, wish I knew you were looking sooner)

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
The $748 was the cost estimate for putting it all on 1 pallet and shipping to commercial address with a loading dock and forklift. I opted to not bid on anything after receiving this quote.

They must use the new gold plated pallets then. :p
How much would you expect to pay for shipping from other vendors? Only asking as we've seen a bunch of OMG SHIPPING CHARGES RAGE AND RABBLE AND LOUD NOISES in the recent past.

pipeline010

What kind of valve covers are you looking for? I have a set of stock ones in my garage in Ventnor that are just collecting dust. Let me know if you are interested, you can come check them out next time we go down there. (We just left yesterday, wish I knew you were looking sooner)

Hey thanks Melissa. They're actually probably the same ones I've got on my truck. Was looking at the brushed bronco print ones so I could put my stock ones in the garage and let them gather dust. ;D

crawln68

Bronco Guru
If someone on here won the box of wiper arm mechanisms and would like to sell one, I need one. ;D

Last edited:

Jolly Roger

They must use the new gold plated pallets then. :p
How much would you expect to pay for shipping from other vendors? Only asking as we've seen a bunch of OMG SHIPPING CHARGES RAGE AND RABBLE AND LOUD NOISES in the recent past.

I ordered a bunch of body panels from Dennis Carpenter and they put it all on a pallet and shipped to me for their flat rate shipping deal of $14.99

Attachments

• Dennis Carpenter Delivery.jpg
    Dennis Carpenter Delivery.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 50