• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Bronco - Special Decor Build

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This one just arrived today.

1976 with Midnight Blue Metallic, Power Steering. Power Disc Brakes, C4 Automatic, Decor Group, Parchment Interior and swing Away Tire Carrier.

Interesting tape stripe with the Decor Group. Even matches the Marti Report. I have never seen this stripe before as original.

Will get 2 1/2" WH lift soon with tires/wheels to follow.

Honestly I am not sure if I will keep this one and sell the 69 Half Cab??? We'll see.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Driver's Side.jpg
    76 Bronco - Driver's Side.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 840
  • 76 Bronco - Tape Stripe.jpg
    76 Bronco - Tape Stripe.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 638
  • 76 Bronco - Rear.jpg
    76 Bronco - Rear.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 541
  • 76 Bronco - Passenger Side.jpg
    76 Bronco - Passenger Side.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 673
  • 76 Bronco - Front.jpg
    76 Bronco - Front.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 637
  • 76 Bronco - Front 2.jpg
    76 Bronco - Front 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
just what you needed, another..
you can't hang onto them long can you... ;)
I really think you just enjoy the build process.

nice find

clarrance

Bronco Guru
This is a factory special decor stripe. Yours should have a black grill if it is a Special Decor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 346

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Close up of the front fender and hood area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 272

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
sweet ... whats the color code

Attachments

• 76 color.jpg
    76 color.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 289
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nick - Yep, trying to save another one. I have three in the shop now. I think the 69 Half Cab will go first. I'll go over this one closely and see what I really have. Pretty solid and all original except the exhaust and carb. Only Rust on the truck is a bubble just behind the driver's door and bottom edge of tailgate on the inside. Floors are as clean as can be.

Clarrance - Marti Report says Bronco Decor Group and White Tape Stripe. I have seen the others with the white stripe across the hood and down the sides before, but not this one.

Color code is "S". Midnight Blue Metallic.

This also a one owner truck. Grand Dads Bronco that was left to his Grandson when he passed. Grandson wanted to have a newer / safer ride. His loss, my gain.

Gonna install the WH lift this weekend and then wheels and tires soon. Probably 17x8" wheels with 4.5" backspacing and 265/65/17 tires. (31x10.50s) She'll be a LUBR soon.

Last edited:

fosgate150

Awesome to see another Décor bronco. The décor groups had a large number of options and delete options plus a variety of stripe colors. The stripe should be the larger one and going across the hood. The small ones could have been a dealer added stripe. The grill could have also been changed by the dealer. Either way great looking bronco!!!!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm thinking like the rest of you that the current stripe is not factory. PO must not have been able to find original Decor White Stripe when truck was repainted. I will get the truck back to original look at some point.

2 1/2" WH suspension lift went on this past weekend. I ordered the lift with the Gray/Silver Springs option which turned out nice with the Dark Blue Body Color.

Wheels and tires are next. Probably go with 17s.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My 73 has the same stripes . I haven't seen any other bronco like it till now .I just think it is something the dealer installed

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
My blue 76 is the same color. Mine still has the original paint but it is badly faded in places. I would not doubt that is why yours has a re-paint. Really like the color.