• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rolling Frame!!

Nowik35

I know only people on here can relate with me and understand how exciting and accomplishing of a feeling to finally get a rolling frame again. Finally have everything back together minus the brakes. Both axles rebuilt from the shell, at least 30% of the frame welded with new metal from all the rust. Rebuilt suspension with a 2.5 lift. New tires but original restored wheels. Took me all summer, but today got the frame back together and rolled out of the garage for the first time!! Such a great feeling!!����

OP
OP
N

Nowik35

20180915_155515_zps4oumtivu.jpg

20180915_154039_zpsj7sd8euv.jpg

20180915_154428_zpswn2rtbmb.jpg

20180915_154418_zpsd4knpvr6.jpg

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
That sure is a good start to your project. Looking good! Finish one thing at a time and before you know it you're driving it. Ken

chuckyb

Contributor
That is definitely a milestone! Congratulations...time for a build thread!

Bronco Maniac

Looks real nice and what an accomplishment after that much work on the frame. I took mine to the alignment shop this morning. Bronco drives great. I also have 2 1/2" lift with 7 degree "C" bushings. He harps on dropping the radius arm. If I was at that stage, I would put them on. JMO Congratulations.

OP
OP
N

Nowik35

I'm in the Springfield area. And how do I start a building thread. I keep hearing about it but can't figure out how to navigate to it. (I'm a newbie)

OP
OP
N

Nowik35

All original parts. I'm going to rebuild the170 it came with 3on the tree and dana 20. I'm rebuilding 4 wheel drum brake as originally intended by ford. Rebuilding original manual steering. I might be the only fool on her doing all this work to not upgrade anything. But I want to be able to say I have a truly original 69. And maybe after a couple years of enjoying it. I will upgrade some conveniences.

Mikesimp70

All original parts. I'm going to rebuild the170 it came with 3on the tree and dana 20. I'm rebuilding 4 wheel drum brake as originally intended by ford. Rebuilding original manual steering. I might be the only fool on her doing all this work to not upgrade anything. But I want to be able to say I have a truly original 69. And maybe after a couple years of enjoying it. I will upgrade some conveniences.

Original is cool! Nice start!

chuckyb

Contributor
IAnd how do I start a building thread. I keep hearing about it but can't figure out how to navigate to it. (I'm a newbie)

It’s easy. Just like you started a thread called “Rolling Frame”, just start a new thread and reply back to it to document your progress. I attached the link for the master list of build threads to give you ideas. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116734

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good Job! I know how good it feels to reach this point. for me it was the like it was the first noticeable progress after a lot of hard work.