• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mystery Government Bronco: Please Tell Me What My VIN Means!!!!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
cdkaminsky said:
Nice info....of course it is relevant....I think it is great to know the history of the vehicle you put time and money into......

especially if it had a unique purpose.....Did you get your DSO info from Marti's?
nope Ford told me it was CDN military
the military told me what it did and when.
TOFIC

OP
OP
K

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
Nice, Walker. Do you think the Dept of Defense is the best people in USA to get a hold of for that info?

I don't have the original title for my
EB, it got turned in when it switched states.

I really don't want to pay Marti, if I could just call around and find better info myself.

I emailed JBG to see if Jeff could help, but I don't think it will yield much.

cdkaminsky- do you know if the rollbar you have is factory? Mine doesn't have one, and there is no mounting holes drilled for one.

luke b

Loc.
suisun ca
I thought I saw a post somewhere where a guy had a bronco with the rear seat mounted sideways and it seems to me that through his research most of them were that way.. there was even a pic or two of some broncos fresh out of an air force cargo plane...
Luke

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
kaisermusic said:
Nice, Walker. Do you think the Dept of Defense is the best people in USA to get a hold of for that info?

I dont know about the US military but the Canadian one was real helpful.
I could of had the maintenance records photocopied and sent to me for a dime a page. Problem was, there was 1400 pages of records, sorry I aint made of money.
TOFIC

OP
OP
K

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
Walker, WOW, now that's what I'm talking about. Thats what I want. Very specific info. Anyone know how to get ahold of the Department of Defense in the US?

Also, did you ask for a specific office or title of person?

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
kaisermusic said:
Walker, WOW, now that's what I'm talking about. Thats what I want. Very specific info. Anyone know how to get ahold of the Department of Defense in the US?

Also, did you ask for a specific office or title of person?
Nope just asked them generallly and they contacted the supply depot people and a soldier up there sent me the reply.

Most of them are really helpful at that time, this was about 6 years ago.
TOFIC

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
rollbar

kaisermusic said:

I don't have the original title for my
EB, it got turned in when it switched states.

I really don't want to pay Marti, if I could just call around and find better info myself.

I emailed JBG to see if Jeff could help, but I don't think it will yield much.

cdkaminsky- do you know if the rollbar you have is factory? Mine doesn't have one, and there is no mounting holes drilled for one.

I believe my PO I bought from had the rollbar installed...

OP
OP
K

kaisermusic

Loc.
Chehalis WA
I have been calling a bunch of places these last few days, to no avail.

Ford said they can't send me a build sheet because i'm not the original owner. :mad:

Still waiting to hear back from the depertment of defense. I emailed them.

cdkaminsky

Loc.
Pflugerville
Department of Defense....

If you get the info quickly I would be surprised.....

I hope you do as a bronco owner and in the same situation....

But as a LOYAL and PROUD U.S. citizen I hope they dont have someone sitting around pulling info on trucks they used to own.... Dont take that the wrong way...I just think with all the BS going on in the world that those resources should be used elsewhere.....

The records have to be stored away somewhere and to go threw them would probably take sometime....but then again....the records could be super organized and not take long.....

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
Anecdotal info

An old friend of my Dad's saw my Bronco in the garage one night and came over to talk about it. He apparently drove one in Vietnam, and he hated it: he said that the damn things had the hardtops and no ventilation, and were hotter than hell. He remembers they rusted quick in the jungle (!) and that every PFC would beat the hell out of them. Still, I had no idea prior to that they were used by the military, mostly MPs in his experience.

Also - an early post noticed that it seems broncos weren't made for a while in early 1968. As a Mustang nut too, I know that Mustang production was halted in early '68 due to a union strike. I bet Broncos were affected by the work stoppage, too.

Just my .02