Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech

Old 07/13/18, 08:41 AM   #1
brad smith

tupelo ,ms
Front floor support

I don't really know how to post pics on this site. But I need some how to or info on if this is normal. I am replacing the complete floor including new floor supports. The front floor support has a 1 or so gap at the center where the floor welds to the support. Has anyone ever had this problem when replacing entire floor and supports? Thanks in advance
Brad
brad smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/18, 11:12 AM   #2
Rustytruck
Contributor
Bronco Guru

honest the bolder ran under me

El Monte CA
Garage
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

1974, stock 302, C4, BFG KM2 33x12.5x15, 8in rim, detroit rear, trutrac front 4.11 gearing, Warflairs,2.5" lift, chevy disc conversion, Hydraboost, owned since Christmas Eve 1977
Rustytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/18, 02:24 PM   #3
SavageBurro

Near Central Point
Garage
There are a lot of floor pan and floor support pix on this site and others that google was able to dig up. Here are a few (sorry didn't give credit to those who took them). Not sure what portion you're referring to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floor support.jpg (163.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg floor supports.jpg (155.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg floor pans in.jpg (63.8 KB, 59 views)

73; Explorer 5.0 2bbl; D60 front; 10.25 rear; narrowed to 64 wms; 4.56s; lockers; homemade long arms; 3.5" tbp front coils; f250 shock towers; shackle flip; np435; 4x4x2; hydroboost; duraspark, 37s
SavageBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/18, 02:34 PM   #4
Rocko1012
Contributor

Garage
1. New Body Bushings
Are you saying new tunnel cover sits 1 inch above #1 floor support?
Pictures when you can
Rocko1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/18, 09:00 PM   #5
brad smith

tupelo ,ms
Yes the front floor support in the first pic. But what I'm saying is that when I put the floor pan with the hump the very center of the floor pan does not hit against the floor support. The rest of the floor piece rests great on it but the center run. It's the hump/ center. I can press it down to meet it. But it seems like it's gonna be in a pressure stress If you know what I mean. And I still don't know how to upload pics on this site. Ha. 🤔🤔. I guess I dumb
Old 07/14/18, 11:46 PM   #6
gnpenning
Contributor

I have more questions than answers.

Mt
Garage
To post pictures you need to contributor for $12 for the year. Hopefully someone will post the link. You can go to the upper left on this page to get there as well. Sorry I don't remember the steps, I paid for multiple years and need to be retrained.

I can't help you with your issue but interested in what is suggested since it's something I'll be doing down the road.

70. 302, 3 spd, Duffy 3.5 lift. Future project
74. Dirty blue. 302, C4, ps, Ford frt disc, 4:30 31 spline curries, tru trac frt, Detroit rear.
76. 302. C4. Future project.
gnpenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/18, 06:58 AM   #7
Rocko1012
Contributor

Garage
Had same problem, Need to insure you have the hump on fire wall supported, it will drop some when you cut out floor, I shimmed the top of #1 floor support with 3/16 plate to make up some difference. When put tech screws in to hold it pulled down has slight bow. If appears that center hump section is to high in new floor panel?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floor support.jpg (236.4 KB, 23 views)
Rocko1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/18, 04:02 PM   #8
brad smith

tupelo ,ms
Thank you for the info. I will try that. I also see the diff in your support vs my support. I purchased mine from toms. And it is diff make than what you have pic.
Old 07/15/18, 04:05 PM   #9
brad smith

tupelo ,ms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1012 View Post
Had same problem, Need to insure you have the hump on fire wall supported, it will drop some when you cut out floor, I shimmed the top of #1 floor support with 3/16 plate to make up some difference. When put tech screws in to hold it pulled down has slight bow. If appears that center hump section is to high in new floor panel?
Yes the center is to high in floor panel. And the support is not meeting the center hump just on the top ridge. The sides seem fine. It's just the gap at the top ridge.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech