Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech

Old 09/10/18, 12:15 AM   #406
sykanr0ng
Contributor
Bronco Guru

"You say overkill like it's a bad thing"

Greeley, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mduenas View Post
I donít know, I do not have a temp gauge on it. Just trying to eliminate my heat zones, before the explorer swap. Can a tranny even cause a radiator to not cool the motor?
A transmission cooler inside the radiator dumps the heat into the coolant.

A transmission cooler in front of the radiator blocks some air flow and adds heat to the air that does flow through it to then pass through the radiator.

While either of those do not completely stop engine cooling by the radiator they make it harder.

... I've got skills, ingenuity and no regard for maintaining any kind of historical preservation or authenticity...My Dad called that sick and wrong
www.coloradoclassicbroncos.com
sykanr0ng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/18, 05:20 AM   #407
blubuckaroo
Contributor
Grease Monkey

I factory ordered it

Ridgefield WA

My Gallery
Certainly the tranny heat exchanger in the radiator marginally adds to the heat load. But I still don't think this is the issue here. How much hot liquid is going to flow through a 3/8" tube?
Thousands of vehicles are running around with radiators successfully cooling with these tranny heat exchangers in them.

'77 Ranger/cut F&R/PS/PB/Vintage Air/2" suspension lift/1" body lift/T tie rod conversion/33-1050-15 BFG K02 tires/ 302/ Edelbrock 500 CFM 4 bbl/Aero Tanks/ Hooker Headers/ dual ex/ NV3550/ B&M shifter/ JB FabTwin Sticks/ 4.11s/rear posi.
blubuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/18, 10:56 AM   #408
airman
Contributor
Bronco Guru

simple tricks and nonsense

Gilbert, AZ

My Gallery
I have been doing all of the same things you have for the last year. I think i have mine beat and I think you are close. What i didn't know was how to properly burp the air from the system. Broncobowsher posted the filler neck for the high upper hose and that's what fixed me. Here is a link to a bad video i made burping. I removed air bubbles for over 30 minutes and then never had the cooling issue again. I ended up with a mechanical fan and a 195 stat, just dialing in the depth now.

YouTube video

Last edited by airman; 09/15/18 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: bad link 1st try

75, 351W, Fitech Efi, C4, Tera Low twin stick, Detroits front and rear, 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain , 5.5" suspension, wristed arm, rotated front yokes, Currie HD 9", Vac Power Disc/Drum
airman is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech