• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Original Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cboring

Contributor
Original Motor from my 74. Just pulled and put in 5.0 Roller, thanks Efren. Motor runs above average for age. Carb was recently rebuilt, the comp. is 125-155. It would be a good motor for a small budget and then rebuild later. Only needs sump pump and oil pan. Dizzy and alternator are there and work well. Never been rebuilt.

Attachments

• Motor1.jpg
    Motor1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Motor2.jpg
    Motor2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Motor3.jpg
    Motor3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Motor4.jpg
    Motor4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 125

andyp

Contributor
Not sure what the status of your truck is but I'd keep the engine. It's worth $250 for someone else but worth $1000's in value to the right guy if you sell the truck.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Not sure what the status of your truck is but I'd keep the engine. It's worth $250 for someone else but worth $1000's in value to the right guy if you sell the truck.

LOL, I know of not a single person who would pay thousands more for a Bronco with an old tired 302 %)

OP
OP
C

Cboring

Contributor
Andy I thought about your comment but the fact is Broncos are date coded not numbered so the value goes down there. I’m just looking to help out another Bronco owner that might need a good cheap motor. My Bronco is in great shape with original paint and will be with me till I go into the dirt. Thanks for the feedback. I think it is probably not worth shipping, Rocko. Thanks for asking.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If I was looking for an all original Bronco, I would naturally pay more if it had the original engine, even if it was tired. If the Bronco had been modified, I would pay more for it without the original engine. That’s just me.....

andyp

Contributor
If I was looking for an all original Bronco, I would naturally pay more if it had the original engine, even if it was tired. If the Bronco had been modified, I would pay more for it without the original engine. That’s just me.....

Yup, that's why I said in my post "to the right guy".

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've located and sold a couple original engines back to owners, and also spent time looking for date coded motors... ....takes lots of time and energy... recommend mothballing motor for future owner or talking wife into finding a space to store it that is mutually agreeable.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you sure its even an original? My 73 "barn find" with 100,000 miles that hadn't been driven since 1987 had an early 80's Ford factory crate motor installed.

OP
OP
C

Cboring

Contributor
Well AZ73 the date code on both my motor and trans say it is as well as my mechanic but thanks for checking :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.