• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1976 Bronco -Lexington, MO -$2,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In today's market you did not think you would get this response for 2.5K?

Mikesimp70

So they post a price n someone says I'll take it then the next three or ten people go to offering more then said price. Gawd:(

Here’s what I know.

Saw the post and held up my hand. Post #2

Got a PM yesterday with a phone number to “text only”. I assumed this was to make arrangements to meet. 2 hour drive for me.

Between telling my wife, picking up $2500 at the bank and letting my boss know I would miss work Thursday or Friday I got an alert from the site that Alpacket had posted a sale pending. Assumed it was me.

Next alert that Beer and Fish had posted clued me in that something different was happening.

Sent a PM to Alpacket asking what was going on. Response was that it is “out of his hands”

If the idea was to bid on this, I was not given the opportunity to make an offer and a price change was never posted on the thread.

I will just say this is different than how I would do business.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Here’s what I know.

Saw the post and held up my hand. Post #2

Got a PM yesterday with a phone number to “text only”. I assumed this was to make arrangements to meet. 2 hour drive for me.

Between telling my wife, picking up $2500 at the bank and letting my boss know I would miss work Thursday or Friday I got an alert from the site that Alpacket had posted a sale pending. Assumed it was me.

Next alert that Beer and Fish had posted clued me in that something different was happening.

Sent a PM to Alpacket asking what was going on. Response was that it is “out of his hands”

If the idea was to bid on this, I was not given the opportunity to make an offer and a price change was never posted on the thread.

I will just say this is different than how I would do business.

When I asked about availability the seller replied that she had an offer for $5k but would entertain others, so I'm surprised you were not given an opportunity to make an offer.

All I can say is the one and only person I know of that has actually seen it in person says it ain't worth 5k

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I never post on these type of threads, but this one was setup for disaster from the beginning.

1. It's not actually for sale by a member...........
2. Nothing indicated it was for sale by a silent bid........
3. Members were posting their phone numbers, the sellers phone number should have been posted as well
4. Post #15, sale pending to who? If had become a bidding sale, tell who got it so everyone interested knows what's going on..........

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
So they post a price n someone says I'll take it then the next three or ten people go to offering more then said price. Gawd:(

Don't know all the details of this particular incident, but this happens a lot. My uncle bought one from Mississippi last year and a certain member here called and offered more money for the seller to back out. Thankfully the seller was actually a respectable person and held up his end of the deal.

Honestly, it's very discouraging to see this kind of behavior in the community. There is a difference between hobby and greed. The community has changed and not for the better.

THEBONE

I apologize to everyone who feels they were treated unfairly. It’s my fault. I did not expect the response I got to the ad. And I understand how this is frustrating and disappointing for some.

Should have gone to Mikesimp70. What a bunch of BS

OP
OP
Alpacket

Alpacket

You are right. I messed this up. I’m asking admin to close my account.

Okbroncoman

That’s it, let’s burn him at the stake!!!!!!
Mistakes happen, he was trying to help them out and they went the other way.

You live and learn!!

You can edit the post and mark it as sold. It will close the post.

luke

It is what it is. At least it will be saved from its current grave.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
You are right. I messed this up. I’m asking admin to close my account.

you posted it up for a friend and provided contact info to those interested..PERIOD, got nothing to do with you man! And I appreciated you sharing the find -Jeff

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Probably shouldn't have been posted under 'members only' as Alpacket wasn't actually the owner, just a friend. May have saved some aggravation. I would not close my account if I were you - you tried to help a friend, and you did.

May want to talk to the friend and let them know how things transpired, though.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
I hope the extra income derived from the sale of the bronco goes to help the lady out. Given the conditions of the area around the bronco she looks like she could use the money.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I hope the extra income derived from the sale of the bronco goes to help the lady out. Given the conditions of the area around the bronco she looks like she could use the money.

For sure... Hopefully it does

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Probably shouldn't have been posted under 'members only' as Alpacket wasn't actually the owner, just a friend. May have saved some aggravation. I would not close my account if I were you - you tried to help a friend, and you did.

May want to talk to the friend and let them know how things transpired, though.

Just to be safe....

Status
Not open for further replies.