• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptor liner

STD

Loc.
Waukesha, WI
Not a typical liner question. I am wondering if anyone has sprayed it on plastic. I am currently going to be spraying it on my tow rig but was thinking of spraying my flares on the bronco.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I tried a few test pieces and it seemed to hold up pretty well over the short term. Nice thing is you can blend touch ups pretty well so if it does get dmaged it's easily fixed.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
No matter what you spray it on, make sure the temperature and humidity are within spec... makes a big difference.

OP
OP
S

STD

Loc.
Waukesha, WI
No matter what you spray it on, make sure the temperature and humidity are within spec... makes a big difference.

Yea I have that under control.

I will test it out on the tow rig and paint the bumper cap and see how that turns out.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
The directions of Raptor say to prep like it's paint. With plastic parts you need to remove the mold release agents from the plastic prior to paint. You can use alcohol and a grey scuff pad and scuff it wet. Then wipe it down again with alcohol and a dry rag. At work I use a bumper primer but you should be able to use Bulldog Adhesion promoter or Transtar 1033 Adhesion Promoter. Spray it on and let it tack off and apply the Raptor. I'm not sure how pliable Raptor is. It might not flex too well.

OP
OP
S

STD

Loc.
Waukesha, WI
The directions of Raptor say to prep like it's paint. With plastic parts you need to remove the mold release agents from the plastic prior to paint. You can use alcohol and a grey scuff pad and scuff it wet. Then wipe it down again with alcohol and a dry rag. At work I use a bumper primer but you should be able to use Bulldog Adhesion promoter or Transtar 1033 Adhesion Promoter. Spray it on and let it tack off and apply the Raptor. I'm not sure how pliable Raptor is. It might not flex too well.

I have adhesion promoter already. Would never spray plastic without it. I am repairing the lower edge of my doors on my tow rig that is why I am sprayingy truck. The plastic should not bend. Talking to a friend of mine that had used it several times at work said it is rock hard. Worst case I will have to just spray the plastic with a base and clear.