• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tsl sx 2

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Anyone running these

https://www.intercotire.com/tire/148

I know these are not going to ride well and that is not what I am looking for. Truck is not a daily driver, does not go on long rides (longest trip 180 miles round trip). It will see the street (2lane 45-55mph no freeway) but I would like an agressive tire for mud.

JSBX

Contributor
I run an older set 0f 36 TSL SX on mine. They are really not that bad on the road. They are one of the better mud tires I have ever run. They also work good in the rocks but after seven years of OCBR they have a few nobs completely chewed off. Even with a few nobs missing I have very little vibration and what little there is starts at around 60 MPH. The TSL SX 2 should even be better.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A friend of mine ran these on his 78/79 Bronco, and they're amazing in the mud and rocks. It didn't hurt that his rig ran the 42" x 15" TSL SX's on Hummer beadlocks, 1-tons and runs propane, so it was quite a capable beater rig. Clay, silt, loam, hard pack, rocks, slimy waterfalls...they killed it and were better than the Boggers he replaced on the highway.

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
I loved my 35x15.50x15 SX's. They were a great tire for what I did with the truck at that time. I was not too keen on driving it down the highway at 65-70 for long periods of time, but I still did it. I'd love to have another set for my beadlocks but I have come to terms with my KM2's and decided to lay low on the harder wheeling since the kids like to ride everywhere with me.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I run the standard SX and LOVE them, they work on everything. Tougher than nails too!

IMG_1467_zpsmpssnpfh.jpg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ran TSL SXs in 38.5 on my '78 Bronco for years...they did quite well on the road too.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Great tire for sure! My son had some SSRs on his XJ and they too were great off road and surprisingly decent on the street, very sticky compound. :D;);D:cool: