• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop

JamieP

Loc.
Nixa, MO.
Ok question for the Bestop owners or those that have dealt with them much. I'm about to install mine and have a family cage on its way but I want the soft top now(well more the wife is being impatient). Anyway on to the question. How hard would it be to disassemble and make room to install a family cage if I go ahead and put the Bestop on? I dont mind some time and trouble but I really dont want to do it if it will be a total PITA. Thanks!

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Remove the soft top, pull out the bows. Fight getting cage in. Mount cage. Install bows and put soft top back on. Done

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Everything with the top is mounted on the bedrails/windshield so should only take minutes. The only part that is ever a struggle is putting the back window back on (for me anyway) Need to be a gymnast to get up in and get the zippers started. Minor complaint. I never use any of the windows anyway. In SC you can take a chance of getting wet from rain with no windows or you can guarantee you will be soaked in sweat by the time you get where you are going with windows in. ;D

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Remove the soft top, pull out the bows. Fight getting cage in. Mount cage. Install bows and put soft top back on. Done
Yup, this is pretty much it. You will have to remove the bows because they will not fold up over the rear of a family cage. All the stuff on the windshield can probably stay.

OP
OP
J

JamieP

Loc.
Nixa, MO.
Thanks guys! I wasn't sure how big a pain it would be to take down once I installed it. Looks like the soft top is going on tomorrow!