• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper delay pin outs

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. Preparing painless harness for install and putting factory connectors on the harness. Also installing wiper delay box and switch. I think that I’ve read that just dropping that set up into stock dash loses washer pump. I’m guessing that since I’m doing this from scratch I can adjust contact location and also have washer.

Anyone have donor truck delay wiper wiring diagram that I can compare to painless manual?

Many thx

Hank

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Keeping this at the top.

I remember one of the fellers here could tell you which wires to move within the plug. No re-wire, just moving pins in the plug as you intimated.

Who was that......uhmmmm.....
Anybody remember?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Only one terminal to move if it's a later delay switch. Early switch just plugs in.

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
a friend and i dug into the harness install yesterday and i'm still not sure of how to wire for intermittent. there are references to "one wire" and i found a pin out pic in the link above, but the terminology and or wire colors dont match.

can someone tell me which wire is the "one wire" or otherwise point my tired brain in the right direction?

many thx

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This pic has words but not same terminology and wire coloring

5a27f469d139111a94dd6aec7b807174.jpg

This pic is clear on wire colors but not same wording

66018d6268576a6b7f71c093190d6cb1.jpg

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Currently installed delay switch as it came from donor vehicle with shortened stem.

11acbea0ee49e06cf8dc96cad2488ffd.jpg

Red plug as it came from donor vehicle and plugged into dash switch

385c0971352567100f62726b579f797d.jpg

Female connector from donor vehicle as is

402f1333df11490af6d5106071c4dec4.jpg

Male connector from harness

446e1bc3a9869053ee0fc841e39aef7e.jpg

And currently pinned per instructions until I get clarification

d802c16e463772eba8d529f8ab0f2b83.jpg

And

39a28fdd716aaae5fe27442bd8154616.jpg

Hank

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
a friend and i dug into the harness install yesterday and i'm still not sure of how to wire for intermittent. there are references to "one wire" and i found a pin out pic in the link above, but the terminology and or wire colors dont match.

can someone tell me which wire is the "one wire" or otherwise point my tired brain in the right direction?

many thx

Hank

To get the power for your washer, the "one wire" that I think you're referring to is a black with white stripe on the black plug that plugs in to the vehicle's main harness. You should find a blank slot in the connector next to that wire (assuming it's an 80-91 switch). Pop that wire out and move it to that empty slot next door and you're done.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So everything else is factory setting except move blk/wht little piggie to the vacant house next door???

bb235b7b3595ba61153a6981497b3234.jpg

That is too easy....

Thank you!!!!!

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve been all congested this week and sleeping poorly so bear with me. I’m pretty sure I read a nice reply from Todd Z last night that suggested I don’t have the painless side of the wiring correct. Today I can’t find that post. Did I dream that??

Regardless I will double check my inputs.

Looking at the new plug it was obvious that the strap connecting one input to two locations was the change from older bronco to delay wiring. It just wasn’t clear with all the photos and varying terminology.

Hank

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I’ve been all congested this week and sleeping poorly so bear with me. I’m pretty sure I read a nice reply from Todd Z last night that suggested I don’t have the painless side of the wiring correct. Today I can’t find that post. Did I dream that??

Regardless I will double check my inputs.

Looking at the new plug it was obvious that the strap connecting one input to two locations was the change from older bronco to delay wiring. It just wasn’t clear with all the photos and varying terminology.

Hank

It's not just your congestion - I saw one too (can't remember who it was from) and now it's gone. I only commented on the switch assembly side.

Not to confuse you, but in looking at your photo above, I think the black/white wire is already in the correct slot. I can check tonight to make sure - I've modified over 1,000 of these things and I just did another 4 the other night and of course I'm not 100% certain!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can check tonight to make sure - I've modified over 1,000 of these things and I just did another 4 the other night and of course I'm not 100% certain!

Todd Z.

thx Todd. i dont feel so bad now. i just looked at painless side of plug pic and it at least matches the book. everything else is also in factory locations.

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As the ski season starts to wind down, I've been poking around the harness install on weeknights. IM back to this issue and looking for clarification on where the blk/wht wire needs to go.

thx

Hank

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The black/white wire is in it's correct location in the picture posted in post #11.

Todd Z.