• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2015 4 door bronco...mmmmm

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
BARF!
broncoconceptchop.jpg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
In the south, mud holes and water crossings are the history of the hobby, especially in south ga and Florida, where you see a lot of snorkels. Not much high country here...

Jeff

Out west here you only see them on jeeps and toyotas.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah! While I laughed a good one at your comment BK, I also got a good laugh out of the image too. But in a way, it kind of grows on you. In an old "Jackman Wheel Cartoonish Advertisement" sort of way! ;D
Just need an old long-haired hippy sort of off-roader hanging out the window to make it complete.

And actually, I think that color combo would look killer on an EB!

eb-nutt1

Unfortunately, the people of this site are not the ones that Ford would build a new bronco for. Our desires for what a new bronco would entail would not met the market numbers for them to build such a vehicle. The bronco will never be built again as we know it.

Brian

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
And a V8 option!

With motor Technology a new bronco with the Eco boost V6 will have more power that 90% of the V8 Powered Broncos on here, I wish my 351W had those numbers.... Don’t get me wrong I love the 351W it has more power than my bronco needs but as built as i think it is its not producing these numbers...look at these numbers that are from Fords Website..

the reports say it will use an F150 drivetrain between these 2 motors I would take the 3.5

3.5L Ti-VCT 4-Valve V6 EcoBoost™

Horsepower (SAE net@rpm) 365 @ 5000
Torque (lb.-ft. @rpm) 420 @ 2500

5.0L Ti-VCT 4-Valve V8 FFV

Horsepower (SAE net@rpm) 360 @ 5500
Torque (lb.-ft. @rpm) 380 @ 4250

I would actually prefer a torquey little diesel or that little Eco Boost that could possibly take that up to the high 20s for MPG and still have all the power to fit your wheeling needs

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Who would off road a $50k plus vehicle besides the land rover Commander crowd. I'll stick with the old stuff... It's funner!

Okie69

Contributor
Who would off road a $50k plus vehicle besides the land rover Commander crowd. I'll stick with the old stuff... It's funner!

Even if it was too expensive to off-road very seriously (which I don't think it will be 50k plus because they would be competing with the mid 30s wrangler) I would still be a buyer just to be able to open the garage and see two broncos 50 plus years apart!

I'm just excited... ;D

matt w

Bronco Guru
IMO they ought to just duplicate the old body style and just give it all the modern upgrades! Why change a perfect body!??

hucklburry rev2

With motor Technology a new bronco with the Eco boost V6 will have more power that 90% of the V8 Powered Broncos on here, I wish my 351W had those numbers.... Don’t get me wrong I love the 351W it has more power than my bronco needs but as built as i think it is its not producing these numbers...look at these numbers that are from Fords Website..

the reports say it will use an F150 drivetrain between these 2 motors I would take the 3.5

3.5L Ti-VCT 4-Valve V6 EcoBoost™

Horsepower (SAE net@rpm) 365 @ 5000
Torque (lb.-ft. @rpm) 420 @ 2500

5.0L Ti-VCT 4-Valve V8 FFV

Horsepower (SAE net@rpm) 360 @ 5500
Torque (lb.-ft. @rpm) 380 @ 4250

I would actually prefer a torquey little diesel or that little Eco Boost that could possibly take that up to the high 20s for MPG and still have all the power to fit your wheeling needs

I have 40,000 miles driving each of these 2 engines. The eco is sweet, but cost of ownership with those turbos leaves me very very happy with the 5.0 coyote I have right now. Not enough difference in seat of pants to have any desire to pay for 2 turbos once the warranty runs out.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
If Ford could pull off a really cool, reasonably priced, not a joke, serious 4x4, 4 door Bronco, I might be talked out of my Xterra. Maybe, I like my Xterra A LOT, and I just don't know if Ford can do it.