• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cars at car shows

OP
OP
dereksavy

dereksavy

Loc.
BC Broncos Ingram, T
I like the cruise-ins...

Couldn't agree more. I really don't care about "NEW" muscle. Hell the Mustang has been out in this guize since '79. Cant say anything nicer about Camaro. New Corvette is a nice car, but to me, not a SHOW car. No personality. Did see a Detroit Diesel powered Volvo once. Now that was interesting.

Deano

Bronco Guru
One of the coolest newer cars I've seen was a PT Cruizer with a 440 and rear wheel drive. A lot of fab work but looked like it belonged in there! Not that I like the new cars but it was tastefully diffrent .

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
The 'out of the ordinary' Always catches a lot of attention. I used to take my 65 Belvedere to shows. It was always the only one.

Attachments

• 65bell.jpg
    65bell.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 56

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I just hope once the bodies are either built or reproduced, the EB doesn't become as common place at shows as say Mustangs, Camaros or the ever popular Chevelles.

matts460

I usually get trapt at my car at shows, its an 1976 XB Falcon 500 from Australia. Its an Mad Max interceptor replica. Would have to be familiar with the first Mad Max movie from 1979 to know what this car looks like! Black and sinister! Very much differnt than the usual mustangs but built very similar fasion. Mine has many suspension tweaks and parts from 71-73 mustangs. Was the first true Aussie built Falcon starting in 1972 with XA. Ending in XC model designation all of with were same body style 72-79. Trust me these cars are cool!

Tuck

X3

I don't mind seeing old cars at shows, even the most common ones. I don't like to see stock 2013 mustangs though. I can see them in the showroom & drive them if I want. Something that's different or has original touches is good too.

At the Panama City Beach show a couple of years ago, a guy had a late20s or early 30s Ford pickup that was Ford powered (302 maybe?). I complimented him on keeping it that way.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
The last car show my bronco was in I was stuck in the same class as a 4 door supercharged heep on 40's and three 2012 dodge diesels jacked up on 37s and up. Needless to say ihavent entered since...