• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1975 Project Sweet Pea -- KS

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
Brand new here (been a member for a few weeks lirking around absorbing info and seeing what is what) but never really posted.

My wife and I bought a 1975 Bronco from a co-worker five years ago and haven't really done much with it to date. It is a mall cruiser currently and hoping to make the apporpriate changes/mods to it so we can start getting off the asphault later. We do make it to Waynoka a couple times a year with ATV's and I thought it would be fun to spend the $ on the Bronco for upgrades rather than shell out some extra green stuff for a RZR or Rhino, etc... I think I have her excited about that...maybe?! ;) LOL

U15GLV4774

Anyhoo, it is a 1975 that the seller had the original title on from Colorado. The PO (the buddy i bought it from) did not register so I took the CO title in and got the MO title in 2009 (just moved to KS in mid-July). It probably has 200 miles on it since I bought it (if I'm lucky).

302, C4, D20. The C4 was supposedly swapped in by the original owner just beforemy buddy got it and the column changed out to an auto column. tires, wheels, cage, exhaust (headers on it from PO), seats, trim, new Radiator, Edelbrock carb/intake were are first-list items the month I made the purchase. Now the Aux tank has a leak but Main Tank is holdin fuel fine for local grocery getting duties. LOL

Seems to have a 5" lift (looked up the numbers on the shocks and I traced them back to a Calmini +5" part number (po1384 b149 019 650346).

Steering is twitchy at best and it still has drum brakes...we're getting there. Yes, it's GREEN! My wife calls it "Sweet Pea"...my knickname for her. Directly needs a tranny rebuild (LEAKS) and tranny reseal/rebuild (just started leaking. Have a LIST but after just buying a house this is on the back burner for a bit... :(

1198.jpg

1200.jpg

1215.jpg

1217.jpg

1216.jpg

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice looking Bronco! I would have put a lot more than 200 miles on it in 5 years ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice rig man. Welcome aboard. Shoulda moved to the good side "MIssouri". Haha.

You'll have to attend the next kc meet n gret we have. Hopefully cooled off by that time.

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
THanks so much, guys! The PO saw anold ad for BFG where they were all monochromatic and the they had a bronco that was ALL green.

The garage is NOT mine! ;) It is my father's "Car Barn" with a close friend. He has been nice enough to let me dirty his floor with Sweet Pea while we move and refinish the house. It is a REALLY fun Man Cave...REALLY fun!

My Great Grandfather was the first Ford Dealer in KS way back when (at least that is the story) so needless to say we are a Ford Family. There are varying Fords from a 1918 Ton Truck to a 39 Sedan Delivery Hotrod...and a few in between.

I hear ya on the miles. But the Tranny started to leak bad and I preferred to let it sit in lieu of frying it....then teh tags expired and it was time for inspection and it needs an e-brake, a wiper setup, a speedo gear, you know the story! LOL Ithad to be a '75 -- that is my birth year!

sprdv1: would LOVE to make some time for that! email me at tpriceATpricebroseq.com ANY time. And lease put me on your mailing list!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
THanks so much, guys! The PO saw anold ad for BFG where they were all monochromatic and the they had a bronco that was ALL green.
yep there is a pic floating around here of it somewhere. and yes that is green;D very nice bronco and welcome to the site

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
THanks so much, guys!

sprdv1: would LOVE to make some time for that! email me at tpriceATpricebroseq.com ANY time. And lease put me on your mailing list!

Unfortunately no mailing list, but I'll keep your email and let you know.

Here's pics from our last one

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182142

MCBC is the Missouri chapter, maybe David "Spareparts" has a mailing list, which is probably FAceBooK, LOL

Look forward to meeting ya in the near future.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Welcome to CB! Sweet looking rig you got there! I love that green! :eek:

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
Thanks for all the kind words and warm welcome! This is a great site.

A friend of mine called in "BRIGHT EFFIN GREEN" after seeing it for the first time. He commented, "when you said it was green, you meant it was BRIGHT EFFIN GREEN, man. Those aren't the same colors!" :) we both got a good laugh out of it over a beer.

It is funny, it sat unattended for so many months and now I hop on here and REALLY get my juices flowing! Here are my hopeful changes in order of what I think might be importance due to safety, (looks:cool:) etc.:

BC Broncos Ford 4x4x2 Steering kit
James Duff steering stabilizer
WH Flow Kooler water pump
WH Roadster Door Inserts

TBP Front Deluxe Power Disc Brake Conversion (manual drum brakes SUCK)
James Duff Long Travel 5.5" Monster lift w/o body lift.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
check out "horsepower sales" on ebay, do price check anyway. (disc brakes)

NOTHING against TBP, ordered quiet a bit from them myself.

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Harvey, where are you at in KS? I have a 75 KS tag , needs a new paint job, but that year was white w/ green outline and numbers (if ur interested) ;)

Last edited:

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Great looking Bronco. I love the door frame mod. I always thought it looks way better when you leave the wing window instead of removing the whole frame. Oh, and welcome to the site!