• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1975 Project Sweet Pea -- KS

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Man great job on the truck and glad your drivin it around. Honestly, it is green for sure but it a really nice green with a little bit of a kick. Like it alot! I have to get my ASS in gear! Truck doesn't even run right now but hopefully that will change this week.

Great job though truck looks Awesome!

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
Thanks Broncoitis! Having some fun now on the blacktop. Looking foward to trails and sand!!! Yeah, crazy green by PO - same code as the BFGoodrich monochrome green ad from the 90's. That was his big theme...same wheels and all until it stalled-out.

Get busy! Driving it with my girls makes all the time and most of the money worth it! ;)

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
Long time coming!!! But SweetPea is officially back on the road with a new radiator and fun setup.

A HUGE thank you to Devlin Rod & Customs for a wonderful job finding and CREATING space I didn't know existed in the Early Bronco!!! Big help from Wild Horses 4x4 includes a new Ron Davis Racing Products Bronco radiator, a Spal fan and custom fabricated shroud and still managed to shoe-horn the A/C equipment for a future project. Not sure how you managed to keep the stock hood, core support, and hood latch!!! WOW! SweetPea made it home in 5 0'clock traffic at highway speeds and surface street stop-and-go traffic not going above 195* and hovering in 175-185*!!! Considering it was 93* ambient we are relieved and excited to get some miles!!!

Thanks guys!!! Couple pics below...

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
Been too long but some additional updates now that photobucket is back up.

Once it was cool enough to run around traffic it was time to get the family and the kids comfy. Added rear section to the cage to mount the rear bench and harnesses. While Charlie was at it, why not some sliders with steps?

OP
OP
F

FlogginHarvey

Loc.
Wichita
And now the repair, and what a fun one it was...;) There is a fun river bed run out in western Kansas called the Pecker Head Run. The knickname my dad called my brother and I (yes, still) is Pecker Head. I have to run it. So I did and found out why everyone plates the frame where the shock mount attaches...it ripped out on the passenger side after going through a 55 MPH section of whoops. The clunk clunk clunking was not a fun sound to hear...it's fixed and the steering linkage / hydraulic assist was beefed up and repositioned.
Pictures after processed