• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Craigslist - Anyone Know Chau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle Rob

Hi

A buddy of mine has been looking at several Broncos sold by a guy named Chau. He claims to be an avid collector and currently has 4 Broncos for sale. He pretty much is the project manager in finding trucks and then sifting out work to an auto body, mechanic, etc. The Broncos all look pretty nice. Just don't know anything about the seller. Would love thoughts. Further, my buddy is in the market for around $60k for a super clean, 3.5"+ lifted, 33s+, family cage, new-ish engine, etc.

Rob

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/d/1970-ford-bronco-fully/6671866950.html

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I've got no experience with him. I couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a restored bronco that wasn't EFI and power brakes unless it was a Stroppe, bronco build #1, etc.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Is he a Nigerian Prince???

I know it sounds Asian, it is a joke.

You know the scam.......send the Nigerian Prince $X and he will send you back $2X

Last edited:

rmk57

Sounds Vietnamese, perhaps a joker at the asking price.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Is this the mr. chau we speak of?
chow.jpg

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
No engine or undercarriage pictures. All parts listed are easily bolt on parts anyone can do in their garage. He is a restorer but he's selling at a $15,000+ loss? Right.

Buyer beware. I'm not saying it's not a nice Bronco, but I'd be surprised if there was more than $30,000 in that thing.

OP
OP
S

Seattle Rob

Thanks all. The guy actually has some good looking Broncos. However, what is clear is that he basically just does cosmetic work (new interior, some good paint, cool wheels), but isn't getting into the guts.

Last edited:

billd987

"avid collector" can often be code for "flipper". Not that it is a crime to be one, but being aware of the situation can be beneficial.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I've got no experience with him. I couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a restored bronco that wasn't EFI and power brakes unless it was a Stroppe, bronco build #1, etc.

Yeah for real..

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tell you buddy to look at the one Nick has, it was a customer's build and a life change made the guy decide to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.