• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Tuff headers/exhaust

Bronco744me

Loc.
Hartselle,Al
Looking at doing the Duff headers and exhaust system with the cherry bomb vortex mufflers on my 74 302 with 3 on the tree does anyone here any experience with this setup.Thanks,Edd

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I bought their long tube headers with the intent on doing this. Come to find out I can't use the long tube headers with the kit because I have a M5OD trans. Should have got their shorty headers. Make sure to call them and see if it fits your application. Ken

Broncool

I’m currently removing the headers & exhaust on my ‘72, 302, automatic. Wondering if I should do Toms short’s as well. Also thinking of cerakoting or going ceramic. I’ll be watching for your post. Good luck!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I installed the Duff long tube headers and dual exhaust back in like '91?....can't remember shit anymore...anyway still going strong. I had Cherry Turbos originally. After about 25 years they were blown out, waaay blown out by then haha. Installed Flowmaster Delta 50's back in like '14 or so. They are great but almost too quiet, lol.
As an interesting note....back in '14 or '15 I installed Duff long arms. This would require their updated headers to clear their long arms. This would have added quite a few hundred bucks to my already expensive Duff long arm mod, ouchie.

But Monster Mike (Duff "Mascot" lol) heard of my financial woes regarding this next mod.....i was going to have to wait awhile to sequester a little more cash before pulling the trigger. He reached out to me and offered to sell me just the one side header that actually has to be replaced to fit the long arms. I was stunned.....
I said, "You will sell me just one header?" Mike said, "Sure I had some extra ones made for cool eb folks like you"....that was a few years ago and I got one of the last single headers he had.

So yea.....I'm a little biased....
Love me some Duffs.
You will too.
They got eb's figured out Hoss.

bseager

I've been running Duff's long tube headers and dual exhaust for about a year. I have a 351 and the 3 speed in my Bronco. I had some issues with clearance between my headers and the clutch equalizer bracket. I figure it was because of the higher deck height of the 351. I had to bend the drop arm on the bracket for clearance. Other than that I have been happy with the system.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Goody

Loc.
Pensacola, FL.
Excellent info here as I intend to go w/ Duff radius front and 4-linkrear and need headers for my rebuilt 302 I’m about to stab back in.do they state which headers clear their links on the site or was the change made on all of their headers(if available) modified for link clearance?

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They made that mod many many years ago.

All of todays Duff Headers fit with their long arms.

My original Duff Headers were from '91 so I needed to update to their newer ones.

rockinrich

Contributor
This could have easily been my thread as i have a 74 bronco,302,3 on the tree and am thinking of adding this setup on mine very soon.I emailed duff and they said this setup would work perfect on my bronco just occasional interferences with the clutch fork and just a little grinding would fix it and even if i made a tranny change to an ax15 or nv3550 it would be fine but will need a bit of retro fit from your local shop and he did say they have some shortys coming late next year and these comments from him about ceramic coated long tube headers"Ceramic coated long tube headers offer several benefits:
Reduced underhood temps
Better exhaust scavenging
Higher low RPM torque
Deeper sound when compared to the same exhaust setup and shorties or manifolds".Also nashville early bronco has a video on you tube as he put the dual exhaust from duff although the headers i believe were from toms and i recently talked to him and he said he loves this system and through emailing duff said they are out but expecting more headers in a few weeks but you need to let them know you want a set cause majority are already spoken for,good luck!