• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaking around front yoke on transfer case

tampabronco

Just filled the fluid in the transfer case and now leaking around the front yoke.

How hard is that going to be to fix? always something.....

Cortez

Bronco Guru
4 places there that I know can leak...the gasket around around the snout where it meets the case, the thru-hole bolts, the seal between the case and output shaft, and finally the flange that connects the driveshaft. Just did mine. If you use the search function on the site you might find the write up that outline all the Dana 20 leaks.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
4 places there that I know can leak...the gasket around around the snout where it meets the case, the thru-hole bolts, the seal between the case and output shaft, and finally the flange that connects the driveshaft. Just did mine. If you use the search function on the site you might find the write up that outline all the Dana 20 leaks.

This forum, like most forums has a search that rarely gives good useful results, even if you put exactly the right thing in the search box.
Use a better search engine such as Google and add site:classicbroncos.com to the search terms.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
If it's between the flange and case it's probably the large O-ring on the flange. The seal between transmission and t-case would cause one or the other to overfill and leak out a vent.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
There is supposed to be an o-ring between the washer under the retaining nut and yoke. It keeps the oil from seeping out between the splines on the shaft and the yoke.