• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Need a 4 turn power steering gearbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCbronco

Contributor
I need a CHEAP 4 turn power steering gearbox for my 1976 Bronco, If it needs to be rebuilt that`s OK with me. My gearbox is leaking and I don`t want to stop driving it long of enough to take it off and send it off to have it rebuilt. I drive it each day to work. Please let me know what you have. Thanks

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
That`s when I will need it the most in the winter. Someone got to have one setting around not going to use it anymore. I will send it off and get it rebuilt and change it on the weekend. That will help me out a lot if I could find one like that. Thanks

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
You can go with a 6 turn power steering box. I had one on my 76 years ago. Buy a used one and swap it out. Someone on here may correct me if the pitman will or won’t match up. Just some food for thought.

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
That is something to think about. I was going to send the 4 turn box to West Texas Offroad to have them to rebuild for $180. Does anyone know what they change for turning a 6 turn into a 4 turn box ? I would really like to put a 4 turn box on one time and not have to keep changing boxes over and over. Thanks

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
That is something to think about. I was going to send the 4 turn box to West Texas Offroad to have them to rebuild for $180. Does anyone know what they change for turning a 6 turn into a 4 turn box ? I would really like to put a 4 turn box on one time and not have to keep changing boxes over and over. Thanks

They did my six-turn PS box a few yrs ago. I asked to have it changed to 4 turn but they didn’t have any at that time. I would call and ask them first before getting your hopes up. They are usually quick and I’d recommend them.

OP
OP
UNCbronco

UNCbronco

Contributor
I found out that they do a conversion on the 6 turn to the 4 turn box for a extra $200. Money is tight these days, If I could find a 4 turn box that someone has at a great deal I need to go that way. Please let me know what you have. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.