• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it possible to convert std to rev rotation on dana44

G

Is it possible to flip over the standard rotation dana 44 or dana 60Front axel and put in reverse rotation R/P.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
In one word - no<br><br>The RC housings are designed differently, if you flipped a standard housing you would burn up the bearings as they would not be getting lubed - and I don't think the RC gears would fit in one either...

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
Actually, reverse rotation is a misnomer. I'ts really reverse cut, the teeth on the ring and pinion are cut in the reverse direction. It still rotates the same way. There are some good articles on this out there, but I can't remember where. They aren't that hard to find.<br><br>Brian