• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

just wonderin'

G

my driver side door wont shut all the way because the bottom rbs the rocker panel, and when im idleing and turn the wheel i hear whe worst sound like the belt is fixxin to come of but its not could i have air in my ps pump? any ideas on how to fix my problems would be well appreciated. thax <br>

77bronko

Loc.
Norfolk MA
The driver side door is easy. If your front door post is rotted then you have to either bite the bullet and replace it, or figure out some way to support so it doesn't give. If it is solid then you can either loosen the bolts holding the door to the post and slide the whole door up, or you can add some washers behind the door hinge where it mounts to the door post. <br><br>As for the noise when you turn the wheel, its hard to tell. Maybe you just need to tighten the belt(at this point you probably need a new one). If the pump isn't whining then it is probably OK. Have someone turn the wheel when your under the hood and see if you can tell if its the belt or the pump.<br><br>If its not the belt making the noise, make sure nothing is binding in your steering system by jacking up the front of the truck and turning the wheel with the engine off. It should be easy, if not something somewhere is binding and needs to be fixed.<br><br>If nothing is binding and the belt is not slipping, maybe its the pump? or could be something in the P/S box.