• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 master cylinder

G

i need to change the single resevoir master cylinder in my 66 and wanted to know what i would have to do to go with the double resevoir. thanks for the help

66horse

Bronco Guru
Should nt be too tough. The main thing you will have to deal with is the junction where the single line split into to. What I did was still use the junction to go to the front line (plugged of the port to the back line). YOu then have to buy a coupling ($.99 or so) for the back line. I would run new line from the master to both the junction and coupling and your set.....<br><br>Except, now you dont have brake lights. On the single resivoir the switch is on the master, on the duals it is on the brake pedal. You can buy a brake switch for like 5 bucks at the part store but it doesn't work right out of the box. If you master comes with a new pushrod youll be OK, if not the 66 pushrod wont rok. It is round all the way around on the 66. It needs to be flat on side to engage the brake light switch. My master didnt come with pushrod. So alittle tinkering there to be done. What I did was go to the local yard that has 6 broncos in and buy the brake pedal and pushrod out of a later than 66 EB. Made it easy.<br><br>Once you get all that figured out, just ran the wires from the engine compartment into the cab and hook up to switch on the pedal.<br><br>Hope this helps. If anything was confusing, just ask and Il try to explain better.<br><br>Steve