• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Year specific part number???

pharmin06

I have tried searching this part number without much luck. I’m not sure if I’m not putting dashes in the wrong place etc. But I was just curious if the fact that it is stamped as FoMoCo would indicate that it was made in 66 before it was phasing out for service parts?
Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pharmin06

pharmin06

Oh my gosh, thank you sir!
cc261d600bb2f6d8b19724a05eb6a89d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
C8TB is a 68' bronco body and electrical product division part, the rest I don't know.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The "C8" is an engineering date. The part was released in '68. C is the decade (C=60s, D=70s, E=80s).

But just because that equals a date does not make it the born on date. Just the engineering date. If the part didn't change for the next year, no number change. I remember putting a part on an '84 mustang that had a "B" date code on it. Part didn't change for 20 years. E7 mustang heads where used until the end of '95. There was no engineering change to the casting in that time.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe the "light" connection was the rubber splash guards over the lights that popped into holes in the core support.
Sharing a material then, rather than a function.

No idea if that's what Ford would do, but I wouldn't put it past them.
Your floor mat is new, and it's common for reproduction parts over the last few years, even those made overseas, to carry the Ford part number if they were made by, or for Dennis Carpenter or Scott Drake.

I've noticed other discrepancies in the part number system they're using too. The repro's "OE part numbers" don't always seem to match the originals.
Maybe that's wrong, but it seems as if that's what happens.

Paul