• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 U15 Sport Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, the list keeps growing.

If I could concentrate on finishing this one I would have been done a long time ago. (without A/C) Tinkering with the others keeps getting me distracted.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I received the VIntage Air A/C system from BC Broncos this past week without the Compressor or Mount ordered. I have ordered a few of these systems before and was not disappointed when it arrived. The only draw back was the upper and lower mounting brackets for the Condensor were missing. Those are due to arrive soon. I would have had everything installed this weekend if it were not for those items.

After removing the Original Heater box, the Evaporator bolted right in the firewall without any issues.

The 4-Port Bulkhead Fitting went in fine as well, although I could have mounted it farther to the driver's side to help with the A/C line fitting better.

I already had the F-series serpentine system with the Compressor mount and the Sanden Compressor previously, and these mounted up easy as a factory install would.

Most of the A/C lines are now hooked up with exception of the Condensor lines. Once the Condensor mounts come in this will be installed in a matter of minutes.

I do not have the dash installed yet, but the A/C switches are mounted and ready to wire to Evaporator once installed. Then I will run all the air duct lines and mount the vents.

The whole system should take about a weekend to install everything if you can stay at it. It's pretty straight forward and almost a direct bolt in depending on what you have now.

I'll post some pictures when everything is complete.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Her are a couple pics of the Evaporator installed. It mounts pretty solid as is. There will be another strap that holds the Evaporator to the dash once installed.

VERY easy to install. Pull the original Heater Box, unscrew the vent on the side, screw on the new vent cover and bolt the Evaporator in.

Attachments

• 69 Bronco - AC Evaporator.jpg
    69 Bronco - AC Evaporator.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 69 Bronco - AC Lines.jpg
    69 Bronco - AC Lines.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have finally gotten back to doing some work on this Bronco.

However, I have thrown a Curve Ball. (another one) I have taken off the Half Cab Top and replaced it with a Full Hard Top as it came from the factory. The Full Top has been repainted Wimbledon White with all new weatherstripping / gaskets. I think it looks much better with this top.

I have also added a Roll Bar and 3-point seat belts to the interior. The factory front and rear seats are Parchment and look great. The Sport Door Panels are new and are Parchment. Stainless hardware has been used through out the interior as well. The main wire harness and dash still need to be completed which I will get to as soon as I can.

I have installed a 2-into-1 exhaust with a Flowmaster 50 Series Muffler with 2 1/4" Pipe and 3" Tailpipe. It should sound great and fairly quiet with the mild 302.

Little by little I will get this Bronco finished, put some good miles on it to get any bugs out and then probably sell it. I have 3 other Broncos that I want to get too.

I'll post some updated pictures tomorrow.

2 1/2 years so far restoring this one. NOT as fast as I had hoped.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have put this Bronco in the For Sale by Member Section.

I just can't get to it to finish it.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here are some recent pictures.

She's a little dusty from being in my shop

Attachments

• 69 Sport 5.jpg
    69 Sport 5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 69 Sport 4.jpg
    69 Sport 4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Additional pictures have been added to the For Sale Listing.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This 69 Bronco is currently in the For Sale By Members section.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This 1969 Bronco is currently listed on eBay.

If interested, please let me know.

Thanks