• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Users

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
No but it looks like it would work on an efi system that needs a halls sensor to fire the coils.

Amac70

ME
haven't used the msd but have holleys dual sync distributor will do the same thing.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, this is all new to me. sykanrOng what can you tell me about this technology? I'll do google research as well! Thanks, Mark

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
The 64bituning just sends a signal from the rotation of the cam and sends it to whatever system you are using for spark.

I use EDIS which is Motorcraft on my stroker. I used a Windstar cam synchronizer "shaft" and it is correctly spaced on my 351W block so it fits the oil drive gear etc. Essentially all these things do is send a synchronized signal to whatever your ignition system is.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay, that is the same information I just got from EFI Guy this morning. Looks like I'll be staying all Ford. What coil packs are you using/recommend? Thanks!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Either the stock Explorer coil packs or '96-'05 Dodge Neon (with some work) are good choices.
The Explorer uses a special Ford type of spark plug wires, the Neon packs use standard HEI style spark plug wires and the wires come out the sides.
There is no need to go aftermarket, the OEM coil packs are powerful enough

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I'll use the Neon coils in order to keep standard plug wires. Thank you!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Neon...stock style wires..HOT freakin' spark...

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
They use one Neon coil pack (4 cylinder) plus one Stratus coil pack (6 cylinder) on the Dodge Viper.

nvrstuk

Contributor
MarkW, Garry set me up to go EDIS years ago...all stock FORD Motorcraft parts (although even Motorcraft parts arent like they used to be-but still light years better than most aftermarket for durability and longevity). Only non-Ford part are Neon coils and they are good for 8K rpm so... :)

Over several decades of experience with MSD, their slogan should be "MSD- My Spark Disappeared"...

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great information. Looking forward to the conversion. Thank you!