• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Classic Bronco Tube Doors

slim811

Contributor
looking for tube doors 1971 bronco No inserts! Thanks Slim Also may want removable door hinges.

Last edited:

matt w

Bronco Guru
Removable Door Skin Covers

Well I am having some custom covers made for these tube doors that will be removable so that I can roll them up and stash them for the trail. I have found that on cold days a simple beach towel or blanket cut's the wind down quite a bit when at highway speeds. Getting the towel off the doors once at the trailhead was an issue due to time. I will post up pics when finished & after a full testing/thrashing I will pass the info along. I am having the "skins" made out of a black waterproof material. STAY TUNED TOO TUBE DOOR CENTRAL! ;D

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I built removable skins out of lexan. We use lexan for windows on the race cars we build. This is not the cheap stuff that breaks easy like the stuff available at some hardware stores. I have install pics but I have to up load them. I just used nutserts to attach them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

matt w

Bronco Guru
I built removable skins out of lexan. We use lexan for windows on the race cars we build. This is not the cheap stuff that breaks easy like the stuff available at some hardware stores. I have install pics but I have to up load them. I just used nutserts to attach them.

YES!! I almost went that way but wanted something I could roll up and stuff away! NICE RIG!!;D

matt w

Bronco Guru
TDC: What Do You Think!

TDC = Tube Door Covers!
#1) Waterproof,
#2) Stashable
#3) Cuts The Cold Wind driving to the trail head!

...Then simply roll up and stash someplace!

...Always have them "Just In Case"!

they are not perfect and are only intended to be "covers".

;DSHOULD I HAVE MORE MADE!? ;D

What do you think!?

Attachments

• Tube Door Cover Inside 1.jpg
    Tube Door Cover Inside 1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 252
  • tube Door Cover Inside 2.jpg
    tube Door Cover Inside 2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 235
  • Tube Door Cover Outside 1.jpg
    Tube Door Cover Outside 1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Tube Door Cover Outside 2.jpg
    Tube Door Cover Outside 2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 260

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Dude, that is pretty Nice.. Great work..

TDC = Tube Door Covers!
#1) Waterproof,
#2) Stashable

What do you think!?

bsquared

Contributor
How much would a full set (No inserts) run set up to work with wildhorses lift off hinges to 85711? Thanks!

Hi Rob,
I am also looking to see if I can get a set of full size (no inserts) that would work with the WildHorses lift off hinges. My zip is 77584.

Also, what would the lead time be? Great product! I hope you offer them with that hinge setup.

Thanks, Bill

bsquared

Contributor
Rob got my doors done in short order and they get here Tuesday. Now all I gotta do is get em painted and on by Thursday eve and head out for some crawling on Friday!

WooHoo!

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Trail Doos

Are you still making these? If so how much to 85254? Standard door openings and hinges. Ready to buy

Thank you Bill

matt w

Bronco Guru
Just a post

TDC = Tube Door Covers!
#1) Waterproof,
#2) Stashable

What do you think!?

Well I pulled the top off and installed the tube doors the week before last.
-Last Saturday we took a long day trip to the desert in which we did not get back to well after dark.
-The new door skins I had made up last year performed perfectly and cut the cold wind out just enough to hold the heat in at 65mph!
-This is the 1st year I have had them for the early part of spring and I could not be more pleased as to how they perform with these AWESOME tube doors made right here!

YOU NEED A SET OF TUBE DOORS FOR THIS SUMMER!!;D

matt mathis

Loc.
montgomery
Are you still making the doors, and what are shipping costs to 36078. i have a set of stainless removable hinges on my 71 and my son has a 74. We might buy two sets. thanks