• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield wiper Harness Location

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
I added a complete electric wiper windshield frame to my 68. ( it had vacuum) Anyway where does the stock harness from the windshield go thru the dash? I have no hole and no reference. Does it even go thru the back of the dash? A picture would be great. Thanks

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Wiper wiring

Cbfomoco,

My 1970 wiring went through the bottom of the windshield frame into the top of the cowl at the hinge . It goes behind the dash above the parking brake. I transferred this onto my fiberglass tub. See picture attaced. In later years the wire came out above the hinge and went thru the back of the dash at the top near the bolt hole that allows the dash to bolt to the windshield. Hope this helps.

v/r,

SevenT

Attachments

• Wiper_wiring_into_cowl.jpg
    Wiper_wiring_into_cowl.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 83

Billsboat

Loc.
Rowlett tx
Cbfomoco,

My 1970 wiring went through the bottom of the windshield frame into the top of the cowl at the hinge . It goes behind the dash above the parking brake. I transferred this onto my fiberglass tub. See picture attaced. In later years the wire came out above the hinge and went thru the back of the dash at the top near the bolt hole that allows the dash to bolt to the windshield. Hope this helps.

v/r,

SevenT

Yup...that^^^^^^^

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
See the oval hole in the base of the windshield frame, lower left? That hole lines up with a round hole in the back of the dash. On my 1973 the wiper harness wiring passes through those holes. Seems better than having a hole straight through the bottom. No hole through the hinge on a 73.

Dash2.jpg

Here is the hole the back of the dash...
Dash26.jpg

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I did the same on my '68. I just used the same hole as the one for the vacuum hose on stock '68s. In other words it goes through the top of the cowl not the dash. This hole lines up with the hole in the bottom of the windshield frame and with a little slack the windshield can still be folded down.