• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arikilen

Loc.
Clovis, CA
1977 Bronco. Original as it came from dealership.
302, C4 auto trans., 129,000 original miles. Excellent condition.
Asking $30,000

Email at:
broncoj932@aol.com
for any additional questions.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 383
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 321
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 405
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 300

Broncoj932

Still have the original instrument cluster and original steering wheel. Has only been driven 30 miles since the cluster was installed. Seats have been recovered with Bronco covers. This Bronco has been stored inside for the last 18 years.

Broncoj932

The Bronco passed smog the last time I smoged it. I have not driven it on public street for over 10 years. Registration is current but have non-op because I do not drive it. Mechanically works perfectly, runs great. Once a month I start it and drive a couple lapsed around the property to stir the oils and that is it.
The body is tight with zero rust. 100% rust free.
This Bronco has lived it's entire life in the Central Valley of California. It has never been exposed to coastal salt air or salted mountain roads.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Why would you go through the hassle to put digital gauges in it if it's non-op and it only gets driven around the property? I would think original gauges would cover that type of trip every few weeks.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Isn't a seller required to have it smog certified for a sale in California?

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Isn't a seller required to have it smog certified for a sale in California?

Yes, '76 and '77 EBs require CA smog certificates within the last 90 days of sale. In this sense you want everything "Original as it came from dealership".

Of course this doesn't prevent the seller from selling the vehicle. It does prevent the buyer from titling & registering the vehicle in CA until smog passes. There is some liability on the sellers part, I'm not entirely sure how 'parts only' cars get around that.

Broncoj932

The instrument cluster was a Christmas gift. I installed it then life got in the way and I stopped driving it. Maybe I should put the original back in so you guys would stop having heart ache of the gauges. I can reinstall it in my other Bronco.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The instrument cluster was a Christmas gift. I installed it then life got in the way and I stopped driving it. Maybe I should put the original back in so you guys would stop having heart ache of the gauges. I can reinstall it in my other Bronco.

I wish you would put it back. I didn't get a bit of sleep last night thinking about that dang thing....... :)

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I think the point is "original as it came from the dealership" isn't what the Bronco is as it currently sits. There are lot of other things including the a/c unit - again not the Ford Bronco aftermarket unit offered. The dented up rockers probably aren't factory either. It is a nice Bronco, why not just a little more accurate description and better pictures...

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Yes, '76 and '77 EBs require CA smog certificates within the last 90 days of sale. In this sense you want everything "Original as it came from dealership".

Of course this doesn't prevent the seller from selling the vehicle. It does prevent the buyer from titling & registering the vehicle in CA until smog passes. There is some liability on the sellers part, I'm not entirely sure how 'parts only' cars get around that.

I know anything newer than 1975 requires smog. But I think, though don't really remember, the obligation is upon the seller to provide a vehicle that passes smog upon sale, but I may be wrong on that.

But not wrong according to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/smogfaq#BM2537

When a car is sold, who is responsible for the inspection?

The seller is required to provide the buyer with a valid smog inspection certification at the time of the sale or transfer. Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of issuance.

The inspection is not required on a transfer if a biennial smog certification was submitted to DMV within 90 days prior to the vehicle transfer date (a vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification).

NOTE: Smog certifications are not required for transfers that occur for a gasoline powered motor vehicle that is four or less model years old. (Determine the oldest-qualifying year model by subtracting three from the current year) the four or less model years old rule does not apply to diesel powered vehicles. A smog transfer fee will be collected from the new owner.

KBUCK1

So in the other thread it had 146000 miles. Now it has 129000

Ak Westphal

Loc.
Fairbanks
I know anything newer than 1975 requires smog. But I think, though don't really remember, the obligation is upon the seller to provide a vehicle that passes smog upon sale, but I may be wrong on that.

But not wrong according to: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/smogfaq#BM2537

Man am I glad I don't live there;D
When we had our IM program it was buyers problem. If you bought something that wouldn't pass you couldn't register it. Or only get a seasonal registration. However they quit funding the IM programs once they determined our winter air quality issues were caused elsewhere. Oh yeah over 8 years old and you can buy permanent Z registration for an extra 25 dollar fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.