• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Am I doing something wrong?

Motor Willy

I joined the site and confirmed my email message. The site allowed me to create a For Sale post for my 1968 Bronco. But it has been about 20 hours, and my post is still not up.

How do I know if everything went through as it should have? Is there another reason that I cannot post?

I guess I'll see if this one gets posted. Any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

ruckin69

Contributor
I think you may have to pay $5 to be a contributor.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Costs $12 to become a contributor.....allows you to post pics directly. Has no effect on placing want ads - unless something has changed recently??

Also, anything you post should go up almost immediately

OP
OP
M

Motor Willy

I have no problem with paying the $12. So far, I am enjoying this site. Just didn't know I had to. I thought I could post and just use photobucket or another external site to upload pics. Thanks for the info, guys.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I have no problem with paying the $12. So far, I am enjoying this site. Just didn't know I had to. I thought I could post and just use photobucket or another external site to upload pics. Thanks for the info, guys.

You can. It may just be that something has changed with the "For Sale by Members Only" section. I know there was a run where a bunch of people joined only to sell their Bronco. There may be a post count requirement now. I vaguely remember it being discussed. Then again it could have just been a glitch.

Maybe try in the "For Sale Craigslist, Ebay, etc." forum.

OP
OP
M

Motor Willy

Thanks, Broncodriver. Glad to hear I wasn't just dreaming. Maybe I'll try it again here in a bit. That, or I'll try the "Craigslist Ebay" one.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Motor Willy, sorry for the hassle. The reason you didn't see your posts at first is because there's an anti-spam feature in place that automatically puts brand new members in a moderation queue if they post links or photos. That means I need to manually approve those posts as Admin. Unfortunately I've been out of town for a death in the family, so haven't been on the site for a couple of days.

The restriction is only in place until you get 2 posts under your belt, so that's why you were eventually able to post it; because you posted here in the Test forum.

Normally it's not a big deal unless members join and the very first thing they do is post a classified ad with photos. And even then it's not a problem because usually I check the site multiple times a day and approve those posts pretty quickly.

Anyway, you should be set now. Welcome to the site!