• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daves 71 NH Build

gray gables

one of these days I'll get up there to check out your place and ride. Rome wasn't built in a day, just remember that.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks once again guys, your all welcome anytime. Might pick a date shortly anyway even if little to no work but sure we can all hang out, eat and drink. I think I might have a couple of conversation pieces hanging around we can talk about;D and putting this piece in and pre-fitting the much better cowl.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/dynacorn-front-floor-pan-in-weld-thru-primer-bronco-1968-1977/p/3743WT/

Yes Hank, kind of cheating a bit I guess but should keep the welding time down ya think;D.
Couldn't help myself after I noticed they just went on sale:cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
One step at a time brother...

Thanks for the words of encouragement all.

I'll hit ya up for install tips when I'm ready Brother.;)

Will do buddy. Should get us all together for a lunch and hangout shortly. My place?
Start working on it. We need to keep motivating each other. Another reason to hang out.:cool:

Well I got the old rusted and dented wheel house extension panel out. Made Swiss cheese of the lower wheel well getting it out so I'll cut that out and fab in a new piece.
Cleaned up the rear floor pan lip and pulled out the remainder of the rear and mid floor supports.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking good there Dave...

If you decided to build a trailer instead You'd be almost done;D

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Brothers

Looking good there Dave...

If you decided to build a trailer instead You'd be almost done;D

OR if want to build one in the future I'll at least know where to cut. ;D

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Received my floor pan assembly or should I say had to pick up my floor pan assembly.
Welded in new metal to the passenger lower wheel house.

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All done yet my brother?
Thanks for inquiring Randy, Sad to say no.
As the saying goes.."Life gets in the way".
Here she sits currently.
Need to rip off the passenger tail light post and bucket and replace before I go any further, whenever that may be.:unsure:

Attachments

• 1f.jpg
    1f.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 45
  • 1c.jpg
    1c.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 41

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Asking because I care!! Looks great buddy! Let's get together again soon!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good Dave. I wish I would have taken mine down as far as you did and made sure to get all the rust out. My trade off is that the way I did mine it only took me 10 years and I can now drive it. But in another 10 years it will probably be a rust bucket again. Now that I am 10 years older I realize it dont matter how long it takes to get done. But doing it right the first time could save you from having to do it a second time. Keep at it even if it takes you another ten years.... I'll be following along.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good Dave. I wish I would have taken mine down as far as you did and made sure to get all the rust out. My trade off is that the way I did mine it only took me 10 years and I can now drive it. But in another 10 years it will probably be a rust bucket again. Now that I am 10 years older I realize it dont matter how long it takes to get done. But doing it right the first time could save you from having to do it a second time. Keep at it even if it takes you another ten years.... I'll be following along.
Thanks Stuts,
Hopefully I can get back on it at least at a snails pace after I get a couple of other on going projects out of the way soon.