• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stutsmo's 67 build.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update.... body tub is bolted on.

Here is the latest update…… Like I said earlier I am using the tub from my “Junko” build on this build. The reason is simply my other tub is so much better than this one I am going to put it on “Junko” and keep it for myself.

I got the Body tub bolted down to the frame. I am really happy with the stance it turned out to be a total of a 2.25" body lift on stock suspension. I put the front fenders on and it looks like a Bronco for now. I am kind of stuck in “I don’t know what to do next” mode so next time I get to work on it. I am going to start a new punch list and take it from there. I will have the Bronco able to start and move by Christmas. I am going to have it painted and I am going to drop it off to the paint shop (my wife’s cousin) new year’s day.

Stay tuned More to come.

Attachments

• DSCN0365.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0372.JPG
    DSCN0372.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0371.JPG
    DSCN0371.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN0370.JPG
    DSCN0370.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0369.JPG
    DSCN0369.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0368.JPG
    DSCN0368.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0367.JPG
    DSCN0367.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN0366.JPG
    DSCN0366.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0373.JPG
    DSCN0373.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN0374.JPG
    DSCN0374.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 174
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My paint guy fell through. Anybody interested in doing the body/paint work on this for me? I have considered doing it myself…… but realize it is beyond my abilities.

ElkhartBronco

Loc.
Cedar Bluff
beyond your abilities?.......... nonsense!!! anything is possible with stusmo power!!
I'm game for making a booth and shooting it in the garage!!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have heard a space heater and painting dont play nice together??? Make big boom!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looking phenominal! really coming out great Stuts!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looking phenominal! really coming out great Stuts!

Thanks tasker! I think so too...not as nice as some builds, but not bad for the first Bronco I am actually going to complete! I havnt been getting a lot of wok done lately so I have been thinking about following your lead and completing something every day.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
it works, little or not it all needs to get done!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The last couple of days I have been working on putting the radiator and shroud in. I used a 6cyl core support so I had to do some cutting and drilling. Got it all mocked up but I am going to have to take it back apart to get it all welded up permanent.

Attachments

• DSCN0387.JPG
    DSCN0387.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0384.JPG
    DSCN0384.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0383.JPG
    DSCN0383.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0381.JPG
    DSCN0381.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0380.JPG
    DSCN0380.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0379.JPG
    DSCN0379.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0378.JPG
    DSCN0378.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0389.JPG
    DSCN0389.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My next problem I have to look at is that the header is touching the wheel well on the passenger side.....Not sure how I am going to attack this problem. Any ideas??

Attachments

• DSCN0392.JPG
    DSCN0392.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN0393.JPG
    DSCN0393.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I haven’t got a ton of work done lately but I do have some progress to update. I started putting some body panels on to check for fitment issues. I must say it is fitting pretty together pretty good so far. I have the front fenders bolted up and the grill bolted on to them. And I grabbed a hood out of the barn and threw it on too. Next up is the doors and outer rocker panels.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 124
  • front2.jpg
    front2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 122

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Looking good man! I am doing the Tasker model of building... a little bit at a time. It's amazing how much you can get done. Keep at it!

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Im really loving this build! Looks great. Couple questions. Where did you get those cool Ford body mounts? And is that a plate used as a centering guide for a hole saw to get your frame savers installed? If so, what size hole saw? Ive been trying to figure out to get a clean hole on a project Im working on. I already bought the Savers from JBG but I dont have a plasma and I really want a clean repair where you cant tell there was work done. Thanks for you time. And again, great job!!

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I have heard a space heater and painting dont play nice together??? Make big boom!

That is always a possibility. I did not read your entire thread so I don't know your financial status, but I found a local repair shop to paint my truck for pretty cheap. Bout $2k, but I did all the body work. The body work and a space heater usually won't go boom. However, I KNOW it took me a long time to prep the body work properly, which could enter into the picture for you. Also, the body shop agreed to paint my truck with the understanding, since they didn't do the body work, I wasn't to tell anyone where it was painted (not that we are close mind you).

Now the price isn't Earl Shrive, paint any car any color for $49.99, but for what I was quoted by other painters it seemed reasonable. Check around... Ask around. I could have taken it to a pro that did work on the side in his garage. Good luck.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Im really loving this build! Looks great. Couple questions. Where did you get those cool Ford body mounts? And is that a plate used as a centering guide for a hole saw to get your frame savers installed? If so, what size hole saw? Ive been trying to figure out to get a clean hole on a project Im working on. I already bought the Savers from JBG but I dont have a plasma and I really want a clean repair where you cant tell there was work done. Thanks for you time. And again, great job!!

You can get the body mounts from Frenchy just pm him and he will set you up.

I took my frame savers and lined up the center hole on it as best I could with what remained of the hole on the frame. Then I traced the outside diameter of the frame saver to the frame. My frame saver outside dimension was 4” I believe so I took my 4” whole saw and drilled a hole in a 4”X6” piece of ½ plywood and clamped it to my frame directly on the traced lines from the frame saver then using the ply wood as a guide drilled a 4” hole in the frame inserted the frame saver, then welded and ground the weld down. It looks good as new!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe you'll be able to drive it to Mike's place on the 19th. ;D

That’s funny! I’ll drive mine if you drive yours! LOL!!

tasker
LOOKING good Stuts!

Thanks Tasker! I am trying to keep pace with you! Maybe we will both be done by the super celebration.......

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is always a possibility. I did not read your entire thread so I don't know your financial status, but I found a local repair shop to paint my truck for pretty cheap. Bout $2k, but I did all the body work. The body work and a space heater usually won't go boom. However, I KNOW it took me a long time to prep the body work properly, which could enter into the picture for you. Also, the body shop agreed to paint my truck with the understanding, since they didn't do the body work, I wasn't to tell anyone where it was painted (not that we are close mind you).

Now the price isn't Earl Shrive, paint any car any color for $49.99, but for what I was quoted by other painters it seemed reasonable. Check around... Ask around. I could have taken it to a pro that did work on the side in his garage. Good luck.

Well my financial status depends on What all I can find in my Bronco stash to sell….. I am doing this build without using money from my paycheck. I blew the Bronco stash budget a few months ago and I am fast running out of parts to sell , which is how I lost the family member painter….. I couldn’t get him all his money so he isn’t going to do it. I have the primer and paint but still need to get all the filler , seam sealer etc…
It looks like I am going to have to do it on my own…I am not looking forward to it at all. I wanted a Nice looking Bronco and have good reason to believe that with me doing the painting myself that won’t be the case. But we will have to wait and see….. I might surprise myself.

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
You can get the body mounts from Frenchy just pm him and he will set you up.

I took my frame savers and lined up the center hole on it as best I could with what remained of the hole on the frame. Then I traced the outside diameter of the frame saver to the frame. My frame saver outside dimension was 4” I believe so I took my 4” whole saw and drilled a hole in a 4”X6” piece of ½ plywood and clamped it to my frame directly on the traced lines from the frame saver then using the ply wood as a guide drilled a 4” hole in the frame inserted the frame saver, then welded and ground the weld down. It looks good as new!

Thanks for the info! Great idea for the Frame Saver repair. Difinitly going to use is. I searched for the member Frenchy and PMed him about the Ford body bushings. Havent heard back but I hope he can hook me up. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info! Great idea for the Frame Saver repair. Difinitly going to use is. I searched for the member Frenchy and PMed him about the Ford body bushings. Havent heard back but I hope he can hook me up. Keep up the great work!

Frenchy is kinda getting up there in years... he dont move quite as fast as he used too! ;D LOL!!