• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Changing from a Crawler to Speed Runner - Coyote Install

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Well this project keeps changing. I sold the 427 and built a very strong 408. Ran that last year and really liked it other than very hard to quiet down.

So I sold that motor and now working on a coyote swap. Got the engine in this weekend. Got some things to work out.

Gen 2 5.0 F150 Coyote
6R80 6 Speed
Probably still Dana 20
Added Mustang timing cover
Need to figure out:
Oil Filter - Probably going remote mount from Canton
Front dress -Probably going PBH, cant fit stock alternator in stock location to use the KRC PS pump on the front
Hydro boost. Does not seem like room for hydro boost with my angle bracket. The larger angle brackets and offset brackets I fear may hit my coil over mounts.

I know not all like the coyote but I want to try something different. If it is not enough then a super charger should help. Very easy engiens to work on externally.

Attachments

• Coyote4.jpg
    Coyote4.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Coyote3.jpg
    Coyote3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I called them last spring and I called them again 5 min ago..

In my application with 2 15/16" dia calipers on all 4 corners the tech wasnt sure I'd be able to move enough fluid... he did say a couple times tho that I could "try" it and see?? ;).

$1295 + ship/tax.

Maybe 2 pumps. One belt driven and one electric- maybe an MR2 electric pump and use it to operate the HB only?
Would it move enough hyd fluid to operate just the HB by itself...

Doesn't seem like the HB unit spits more than a tablespoon of fluid into the reservoir when you operate the brakes... just need 15-1600 psi

Last edited:

pbwcr

Used on my stretched 96 that weighed 7k+ and it stopped fine. Using stock Ford calipers in front and Ford Varga calipers in rear.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice.. change not always a bad thing :cool:

Well this project keeps changing. I sold the 427 and built a very strong 408. Ran that last year and really liked it other than very hard to quiet down.

So I sold that motor and now working on a coyote swap. Got the engine in this weekend. Got some things to work out.

Gen 2 5.0 F150 Coyote
6R80 6 Speed
Probably still Dana 20
Added Mustang timing cover
Need to figure out:
Oil Filter - Probably going remote mount from Canton
Front dress -Probably going PBH, cant fit stock alternator in stock location to use the KRC PS pump on the front
Hydro boost. Does not seem like room for hydro boost with my angle bracket. The larger angle brackets and offset brackets I fear may hit my coil over mounts.

I know not all like the coyote but I want to try something different. If it is not enough then a super charger should help. Very easy engiens to work on externally.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Getting details put together in my Coyote install. I put in the front drive system and the transfer case adapter.

PBH drive system with GM Type II PS pump, 4.5" pulley
Advance adapter D20 adapter and trans crossmember
Tumblin motor mounts and headers
Remote oil filter mount
Mustang intake
Looking to finish my cold air intake. Have a PBH mass air tube not sure on rest yet.

Everything is tight but fits.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0248.jpg