• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

PS Pump - Serpentine Pulley alignment

OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, glad to hear that. I was thinking it was a optical elision because the first time I used this system on my EB I was concerned about hood clearance.
Now we need to figure out why the pump is not right. If you can take the bracket off and are O.K. with a slightly use one (we used it for testing only)I found one today that I can send tomorrow. If you don't want to take a slightly used one just take the bent one off, hammer it flat and reinstall it with the spacers just to see if that will fix the tilt. I think I can get a diff. offset pulley that might fix the aliegnment and I will send a new one when they come in.

Chuck,

I removed the PS pump bracket and sent it to you today.....it will arrive on Wednesday. You'll be able to tell that it s a little warped and was adding to the misalignment issue. Go ahead and ship me the slightly used bracket today, so I can get it mounted up this week. The offset pulley sounds like a good idea as well and I'll try that too.

Thanks

:cool:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I found a bracket and will have it in the mail today. The Alt. bracket should fit under a stock hood so your hi hood should have no trouble at all.
PS look at your transfer case mounts to be sure the thick bushing is between the t-case and the crossmember. I've seen them installed the other way.
PSS The valve covers will slant down in the back but the carb should set very close to level.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSUpete

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found a bracket and will have it in the mail today. The Alt. bracket should fit under a stock hood so your hi hood should have no trouble at all.
PS look at your transfer case mounts to be sure the thick bushing is between the t-case and the crossmember. I've seen them installed the other way.

Thanks.

Yep, the alternator bracket is a non-issue.....because the hood closes fine.