• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rocky Roads Custom Vintage Broncos

BRONCOBERT

LOL....You havn't seen anything....It's bad on the muscle car side.....fakes all over the place (sorry "clones") and fake paperwork (sorry "cloned paperwork)..LOL

Deep pockets are easy to get into.....Something about fool and his money?

Tim

uniquefelons_opt.jpg

I think Unique Performance takes the cake for ripping people off, they used prisoners at a Texas jail and 13 galons of bondo for each car to build them and thats for the lucky ones. Most paid for cars but never received anything for thir money.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/25/unique-performance-used-prison-inmates-and-bondo-to-build-must/

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd be driving one now if I'd bought it, but I'm going for the built, not bought experience. Although some days........

StnePny

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Santa Monica, Ca.
Look what I came across ? ?

ASE Mechanic / Lead Technician
Rocky Roads LLC - Chatsworth, CA
Part-time
We are Rocky Roads Custom Vintage Broncos. Google us. Looking for motivated person with hands-on restoration experience with vintage & modern Ford 4x4's & SUV's. Strong work ethic & 5-10 years minimum work experience required. ASE certification mandatory. Off-Road experience a plus. Must excel in complete vehicle diagnostic, engine & body teardown, transmission, transfer case & driveline assembly & installation plus complete frame-off restoration. We regularly install late model fuel injection systems, carburetors, hydroboost systems, disc brakes, brake lines & fuel lines, power steering conversions, wire harness replacement & repair, high quality sound systems, HID lighting, axle set up, custom Off-Road suspension & steering systems, and more. Fabrication/welding experience a plus. We also build custom roll cages & bumpers. We work 9-10 hour days/5 days a week, plus (two) 5-6 hour Saturdays a month. Part time work is also available for right person at $15-$20hr. Have your own tools for your trade. We have a safe & secure shop with video surveillence. A professional work environment for serious mechanics / technicians / fabricators who want to be on a growing winning team. We are seeking an automotive service master lead technician & an experienced metal fabricator with hydraulic bender, welding, jig & CAD design experience. In business over 20 years, over 1000 vehicles restored. Serious inquiries only.

Pete

Loc.
kansas city
Either your trying to pick a fight or you read way to much into what I posted. Either way I dont care:p

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
"Have your own tools for your trade." WTF for a restoration shop they should have all tools not someone bringing in their tools %)

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Over 1,000 vehicles restored .. yea right!

That is only about one a week.%)

I guess they have been working round the clock like the Overhaulin A Team for 20 years straight!:eek:

What is the going rate for a skilled and experienced (not even ASE certified) tech out in SoCal? I'm thinking it is more than that here in PA.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
"Have your own tools for your trade." WTF for a restoration shop they should have all tools not someone bringing in their tools %)

It doesn't matter whether you are a mechanic, body man, or painter. No shop will provide you with tools.

Broncobert.... what's up with those guys prepping a car in the booth %)

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
It doesn't matter whether you are a mechanic, body man, or painter. No shop will provide you with tools.

That's weird cause every shop i've been to supply their their own tools to the workers

BRONCOBERT

Ya sanding a car in the paint booth is a big no no, and ya most places make you suply your own hand tools.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I'd expect most places to require you have all your own hand tools (hence why mechanics have huge ass expensive tool boxes that they often have to move on a roll back when they switch jobs. Very few (almost none) employers are paying for a $10K+ toolbox and even more $ that is in it).

Larger shop and specialized equipment is a different story.

It takes a LONG time to buy the $30-$50K+ full toolbox at $15 per hour.

I think Allen has the right gig as a paingter as far as a lower percentage of his earnings being tied up in personal tools. I can not imagine you have near that in your equipment right? I bet when you just changed jobs you loaded it all in a few cardboard boxes?

How many guns do you keep at work? What other stuff do you have to provide?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I have about $5-600 in hand tools. I also have a buffer, few DA 's, sanding blocks, cheap $500 tool box, 3 paint stands, 2 primer guns, a 1k primer gun (old SATA nr95), a SATA 3000 for sealer, three other SATA's for base coat, and a SATA RP3000 for clear. I also have a gun washer I bought from safety clean which 100% of all my employers have provided. I just wanted one to get my guns cleaner than the gun cleaner the shop I worked at provided. I also have 5-6 spray guns that need new tip and needle sets that I don't use any longer. I probably have only spent maybe $17K in tools. I know of mechanics and body men that have spent upwards of 12K on just their tool box.
I am about to by 2 more spray guns at about $700 each and a new buffer. Painters generally make more money than bodymen and mechanics here in my area.

georgejorgenson

Loc.
Lancaster
I was at the Rocky Roads shop the other day. I met Shaun and a few of his guys. All were friendly and professional. I was shown around the shop and was asked to examine the EB's they were restoring and customizing. All the rigs I examined are well done. Everyone has their own idea of what an EB should be and its purpose. The folks at Rocky Roads are building what their customers want...not everyone wants a rock crawler, some just want a modernized EB to go surfing, skiing, camping or just driving the highways or byways. The products I examined were well made. I am building a EB that will be used for a little of everything. I've purchased products from Tom's, WH, Bob's, West Coast Broncos and Duff's. All have provided me with great products and service. The EB hobby has plenty of room for all. Stop the back biting and enjoy your pony. I spent 30 years working research and development and building high tech military aircraft, and spacecraft. I know quality parts when I see them. By the way, Shaun looks like a healthy middle aged surfer and outdoorsman, most of you will wish you looked as good when you are his age.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I was at the Rocky Roads shop the other day. I met Shaun and a few of his guys. All were friendly and professional. I was shown around the shop and was asked to examine the EB's they were restoring and customizing. All the rigs I examined are well done. Everyone has their own idea of what an EB should be and its purpose. The folks at Rocky Roads are building what their customers want...not everyone wants a rock crawler, some just want a modernized EB to go surfing, skiing, camping or just driving the highways or byways. The products I examined were well made. I am building a EB that will be used for a little of everything. I've purchased products from Tom's, WH, Bob's, West Coast Broncos and Duff's. All have provided me with great products and service. The EB hobby has plenty of room for all. Stop the back biting and enjoy your pony. I spent 30 years working research and development and building high tech military aircraft, and spacecraft. I know quality parts when I see them. By the way, Shaun looks like a healthy middle aged surfer and outdoorsman, most of you will wish you looked as good when you are his age.

Baaa baaa bawaaa ba ....

70 Steed

Really? That was an intelligent response. Wipe the drool from your chin and get a life.

I find it interesting that the OP has one post and you come on here with three posts and say how great Rocky Roads is. Then you get in a p@ssing contest with a guy that has 10,000 posts. Something is fishy here.