• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 transmission skid plate?

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I have done some searching and haven't really been able to figure out how anybody does a skid plate under their C4. I have a 4 speed Atlas and 3-link, so really no room for anything up front! I get pretty far into the rocks so guaranteed I will rip the transmission pan apart without a skid plate.

Any pics you guys could post up of any transmission skid plate that I could steal ideas from woudl be helpful. I could tie in to my transfer case skid but not sure how to support it up front.

cleanportland

Loc.
Sherwood, OR
Pic off a Bronco I want to use for ideas to do the same.
b56059bbe8bd071b0b2193726ff2f797.jpg
d8412a05bab7a37716a4f8afcebef258.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
68rockcrawler

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Bc makes a beefy belly plate. Pretty sure it protects the tranny and t-case.

That's a pretty nice one and not too expensive either. I should have bought that and modified it to go around my 3-link. That would have been easier than going full custom!

cesco

I just welded a piece of 1/4" plate to my radius arm mounts in the front and made a standoff in the back. I put the welds where they are easy to use a cut off wheel to drop it off when needed

OP
OP
68rockcrawler

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I just welded a piece of 1/4" plate to my radius arm mounts in the front and made a standoff in the back. I put the welds where they are easy to use a cut off wheel to drop it off when needed

That sounds pretty easy! If I did that my upper link wouldn't be able to go down at all. The 3-link is really what's screwing me up. I actually cut apart the crossmember you gave me and am using that up front to go up over the upper link and drop down below the transmission. I couldn't use it under the Atlas because of my upper link mount. I had to build a custom crossmember for the Atlas.