• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bucket seats

Tdrrod661/2cab

Hey guys, I am considering replacing my bench seat with buckets.
It's just a driver, so I'm looking for comfort & value.
Everyone has an opinion, so fire away!
Thanks

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
What about style? Do you want something that is from the period, like the original flat low back seats, or something more modern, like high back with big bolsters? How interested and capable are you to fabricate and customize the seat mounting brackets?

My opinion is if you want value and you have the skills then you have a lot of style options at your local pick and pull. If not you are probably better off finding bolt replacements, which may not fit your budget.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
so TO Me you have the one of most value.
But if you want confront .Well to me you don't want the Basic Mustang seats.
I have 1987 BroncoII sEATS IN MINE. & I PUT ABOUT 150k MILE WITH MY BUTT IN these seat . They are fine. I do like seats with arm rest for more comfort.
But iF YOU only driving 5 miles a day Then I don't think comfort should be an issue.
& Of course there are the aftermarket seat but you can just throw a lot of money at them.
... I wanted a set of 2000 model Dodge pickup seats that have the seat belt built into the seat backs.. What a pain. I do think they would work but I've not got the seat belt working correctly yet.

chuckyb

Contributor
I have removed my front bench seat but hanging onto it in case I ever want to go in a different direction. My plan is to get the TBP premium seats. I like the safety of headrests and three point seat belts and the retro look of the parchment TBP premiums.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Hey guys, I am considering replacing my bench seat with buckets.
It's just a driver, so I'm looking for comfort & value.
Everyone has an opinion, so fire away!
Thanks
It looks like your bronco is very original and with that said I personally would leave it as is, but that is my opinion. The original buckets are not going to be much better if not maybe worse than your current set up as far as comfort so like others have said fine seats you like and save the original seat in case you want to sell or go back original. If your going to modified the bronco like cut,V8,repaint,trans,brakes,and the list goes on sell it as is and by a modified bronco because it looks like your have a very nice original bronco and worth more in current state.Ok rant over if you decide to sell the bench seat I would be a player thanks Brian

OP
OP
Tdrrod661/2cab

Tdrrod661/2cab

Thanks to all,
Maybe I could have it re-built with some metter foam /support.
I’d also like to lower & slide it back as close to the bulkhead as possible.
I love the original look, but very uncomfortable & I can barely fit under the stock steering wheel!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I'm with Ford Man, but I know that's not what you're asking. Have you considered an aftermarket steering wheel? I'd try that first...and even if you've never recovered a seat I bet the bench seats are not difficult...just remember while the new foam will be more comfy you will likely sit even higher!

I've heard Fiero seats are a good option