• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 bronco top has never been off should it stay like that?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I often compare these Bronco's and fanatics to the mid year Vette's and those fanatics. In the ten years I had mine, I don't recall the subject of "top never off", or wishing it never had been for a resale.

Driving the old Vette or Broncos with the top off, is about as good as it gets.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I don't believe the top had ever been off on my 69. The first thing I did as soon as a buddy was over was say "While your here, why don't we get the top off the Bronco?" haha... It was as heavy as I remember and just as bad ass driving around with a convertible bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco 4 life

Bronco 4 life

Loc.
Yakima
I have a '68 and a '73 that I'd bet just about anything the tops have never been off of. I've owned the '68 since '06 and have never been able to bring myself to take the top off of it. The '73 I've owned since '09 and same thing. It's such an odd thing knowing the tops have never been off that it almost seems blasphemous to be the first one to take them off after all these decades.

I can see where the OP is coming from. However, I have other Broncos I've taken the tops off of, so I've got extras and can leave the two as time capsules. If I just had the two, I'd guess the top would be coming off of one of them at some point.

This is exactly how I was feeling it seems like it made it all this time without coming off should I be the one who takes it off and it is odd warm feeling telling people the top has never been off I know there is no monetary value in it but I was excited about that when I bought it..... I don’t know maybe I read to much into stuff like that but stuff is only original once! In all likelihood it will come off this next summer

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I often compare these Bronco's and fanatics to the mid year Vette's and those fanatics. In the ten years I had mine, I don't recall the subject of "top never off", or wishing it never had been for a resale.

Driving the old Vette or Broncos with the top off, is about as good as it gets.

They are still not as OCD as the gun collectors that say 'New in Unopened Box'.

Why own it if you don't even look at it?