• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rounded off bleeder nut...

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ha Ha yup...got to thinking about it and drums are such a pain in the ass with all those springs and tensioners...disc just seam like a no brainer, especially with every off....

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Just get a version with a decent parking brake. Any model where the piston is jacked out by some mechanism probably won't hold very well. Get a version with the parking brake with a set of shoes inside the rotor hat.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just get a version with a decent parking brake. Any model where the piston is jacked out by some mechanism probably won't hold very well. Get a version with the parking brake with a set of shoes inside the rotor hat.

I'm deleting the parking brake, never in my life have I ever used a parking brake. If it were still a manual then I might consider keeping it and Michigan is pretty flat around here...so I'll be going with front calipers off an 83 monty carlo.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
i lost my use for the hand brake after high school....:D

[youtube]sySx6-lGues[/youtube]

pipeline010

As a bit of a screw breaker myself I always try to start with a flare wrench on these small screws that go into the brake parts. At least I'm stripping them using the correct tools. After that some pliers, rage, and scotch usually get it done.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
As a bit of a screw breaker myself I always try to start with a flare wrench on these small screws that go into the brake parts. At least I'm stripping them using the correct tools. After that some pliers, rage, and scotch usually get it done.

scotch is a must!