• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to on CB

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
What is the most efficient was to bookmark a thread for future use during a build?

I see so many great things on the website, then a year later can't find them. I'm using the google site.classicbroncos.com to search for info, but Sometimes I can't find the thread I remember reading. It really is frustrating.

Do you subscribe to the thread? Bookmark on your own computer? I would like a process that would work no matter what device I logged in on, since I sometimes use the phone, ipad, workstation at work, and home computer. What do you gurus do?

Thanks,
Forrest

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
yep if you subscribe to a thread it will always be linked to your account, no matter where you login. somewhere on your account is a list of subscriptions, but can't think of where that is at the moment

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
What is the most efficient was to bookmark a thread for future use during a build?

I see so many great things on the website, then a year later can't find them. I'm using the google site.classicbroncos.com to search for info, but Sometimes I can't find the thread I remember reading. It really is frustrating.

Do you subscribe to the thread? Bookmark on your own computer? I would like a process that would work no matter what device I logged in on, since I sometimes use the phone, ipad, workstation at work, and home computer. What do you gurus do?

Thanks,
Forrest

A lot of the time I subscribe to the thread, set for no notification.
Some web browsers will share bookmarks between devices, or can export them.

chuckji

Contributor
Loc.
SE Michigan
yep if you subscribe to a thread it will always be linked to your account, no matter where you login. somewhere on your account is a list of subscriptions, but can't think of where that is at the moment

Upper right of screen has Quick Links drop down. There, toward the bottom of the list, you can select Subscribed Threads.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
ha I have 2,071 subscribed threads!

What Ive done on the older topics is make a favorites folder in your Chrome/FireFox browser and then mark the thread as a favorite in that folder.

You could also just start an email to yourself and paste the link to the thread in that email and save it to drafts. Thats what I did for my Bronco build. Started as a huge list of parts and things to do and not many left now. Always stays in my drafts folder on GMail

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Subscribing to threads seems like the best way if you want to be able to get to it from any device.

You may not know this but you can create folders to organize your subscribed threads:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 36

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's great info Jon! Thanks!
I probably should not start doing anything else at this point (just confuzzles me even more!) but so often I just have to throw my hands up and say "someone else will have a link" that I get tired of it.

Might give this a try.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Yep.. subscribe is bout the best way..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Subscribing to threads seems like the best way if you want to be able to get to it from any device.

You may not know this but you can create folders to organize your subscribed threads:

Nice... One of the "many" great things about this site Thanks for sharing

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Another way is to "tag" a thread by posting a reply to the original thread. Then later, you can search your replies and find the thread.

OP
OP
74 Bronco Billy

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
ha I have 2,071 subscribed threads!

What Ive done on the older topics is make a favorites folder in your Chrome/FireFox browser and then mark the thread as a favorite in that folder.

You could also just start an email to yourself and paste the link to the thread in that email and save it to drafts. Thats what I did for my Bronco build. Started as a huge list of parts and things to do and not many left now. Always stays in my drafts folder on GMail

Ok, you get me, I think this has a real possibility since I use gmail so much.

What? We can make folders on this site? I gotta figure this part out. My analness is showing. Thanks Jon

Another way is to "tag" a thread by posting a reply to the original thread. Then later, you can search your replies and find the thread.

I'm not completely understanding you here...is there a "tag" toggle or you are searching your replies? If you help reply a lot, then this could be hard to search through...but it gives me another option, thanks :cool:

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
1. My primary method: subscribe

2. Specific info contained in a post (I.e. vendor, parts numbers, etc) saved to Notes under specific truck and area (I.e. U 14 - auto trans) for quick reference (i.e. C 6 models/years swap). Below describes steps I use. Being that I’m an IT cave man, sure there are better and easier methods.

Printable version
“Copy” specific info
Go to “Notes” on Apple products

mustanggarage

Contributor
You can also organize them by making bookmark folders in your web browser. I bookmark them in categories I.e. build threads, engine, suspension, etc. I also bookmark sites with the parts I want in the same folder