• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HID Headlights - Install w/ Pics : PART II

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
HID Headlights - Install w/ Pics : PART I

Well, I've been looking for some new headlights but haven't been able to find anything that still looks classic. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on some H4 Headlights until I found these: https://www.hidprojectors.com/products/revision-2-0-classic

These arrived in a box with everything included to install. The harness was plug in play. The passenger's side front headlight plug, plugs into the harness almost identical to the H4 upgraded harness sold by the vendors. The HID projectors do have multiple boxes that need to be fitted into the engine compartment and it becomes a little tight on the passenger's side. I used Velcro on most of the boxes and self-tapping screws on the silver, ballast boxes. The connectors only go one way, so there is not really a way to screw this up even for me.

The install was pretty quick, once I figured out where to put everything. Everyone loves the lights and I think the lights pull the grill "together" and makes the front end more defined. I have attached pics of the install and overall look of the new headlights.

Light output: I will say the lights put out at least 2x more light than my stock lights. The light is a crisp bluish-white and must not blind people as I haven't been flashed since install. I am waiting for my buddies drone to take over head photos to show the difference, but it is dramatic. I will updated the post hopefully later this week.
The lights have a horizontal cut off line that should be about 36" up from the ground at 25 feet. This is very similar to my wife's fancy car's headlights.

Bottom Line: They look cool

IMG_4350.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

before.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

bronco before after.jpg

OP
OP
76YETI

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Install Photos. I used zip ties, Velcro and self-tapping screws.

I will follow up hopefully later this week with light output photos when my buddy gets his drone in the air...

bronco before after.jpg

driver's side.jpg

passengers side.jpg

bronco grill.jpg

bronco finished.jpg

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Now we need a few pics at night from the dirver's seat! Nice project.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Great post! The silver Classics are about as close as it comes to a ''stock'' looking headlight that still outperforms just about every other light in the market. Curious to see the pics and feedback, I'll be listening!

OP
OP
76YETI

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Updated Photos-

I have attached some additional photos...hopefully you see that the new HID headlights a lot brighter than the stock headlights. I still need to adjust the headlights a tad due to me bending he tabs on the headlight bucket...the good Ol'..."Fix it until it breaks!"
420.jpg

472.jpg

overhead stock.jpg

HID overhead.jpg

street driving.jpg

HID behind.jpg

HID Low beams.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For me it's all about the low beams (but highs should be good too) and those are putting down a serious amount of light in front of you. Looks like a wide pattern that blankets the street.

When you get the chance, would you be able to post up some pics of the beam pattern on a flat wall? Just out of curiosity, since that's an oft-discussed aspect of lights as well.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
76YETI

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Yes, as soon as i fix the headlight buckets. They need adjusted and I bent the hell out of the tabs. They also need to be adjusted left to right a tad.

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
While you're at it, could you grab some video too? Pictures tend to exaggerate the brightness due to exposure times.
Video will show how we see it with our eyes.