• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door alignment help...

Bronconaut

Contributor
What do I need to look at to correct this? I've got the spacing even all around. The front is flush with the fender. But the rear bottom of the door is about an inch away from being flush. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20180918_155604.jpg
    20180918_155604.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180918_155607.jpg
    20180918_155607.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 107

gick70

Search this it has been talked about,something towel and block of wood if I remember correctly!!

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Move the top door hinge out, the bottom rear of the door should then move flush. You may also have to adjust the rear striker. Ignore the window frame at this point. Once you achieve a flush fit at the back edge of the door, tighten the door hinges and recheck the rear. Shim the front fender to get the alignment correct to the door.

To adjust the window frame place a block of wood or tightly rolled large rag at the bottom corner of the window frame and gently close the door snug against it, then push on the upper part of the frame. Repeat as needed to get your alignment correct.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Need a picture from the side showing the whole door and part of the front and rear quarters. Show a good picture of the door frame and the top and windshield.