• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revised Paint Code resource List

thiswildbronco

Wow!

Thank you Drew(?) for what no doubt was some real time and energy spent compiling this spreadsheet for the benefit of all of us.

Ever since I discovered that the dash was NOT painted in the Wimbledon White as the top, I have been on the hunt for any definitive information on the dash color (Parchment). This will hopefully be information sufficient enough for my painter to source the right color.

THAT SAID: If anyone has any further info on the Parchment dash color, I'll take it.

Again... HUGE gratitude.

Doug.

Here's a new table I created that lists all available colors alphabetically and then by years they were available with the code for each year.

I've run across several discrepancies with these codes and think I have most of them worked out. If you see any others, please PM me with the details and any reference material that may clear it up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12orB5nibzt0vFm5UQsHHT216DPDP60WS/view?usp=sharing

JimClark

I have a 69 Bronco. It is Candy Apple Red and has the white stripes along the rocker panels from the rear of the vehicle to the front. Are those stickers? They look like it. Are they hard to get off without damaging the paint? Were they an option or associated with a specific package? Sorry for all the questions!

Jim

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Doug,

Thanks, I've been working on this a different times for quite a few years pulling from several different types of source material in my growing collection.

A week or so ago I added some additional paint codes for parchment, and 66 gray interior paint at the bottom of the spreadsheet that is linked on Google drive.

Drew

Wow!

Thank you Drew(?) for what no doubt was some real time and energy spent compiling this spreadsheet for the benefit of all of us.

Ever since I discovered that the dash was NOT painted in the Wimbledon White as the top, I have been on the hunt for any definitive information on the dash color (Parchment). This will hopefully be information sufficient enough for my painter to source the right color.

THAT SAID: If anyone has any further info on the Parchment dash color, I'll take it.

Again... HUGE gratitude.

Doug.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Jim,

Those sound like they were added by someone, so I have no idea whether they were painted on or are decals.

1966 was the only year for rocker stripe decals and they were only between the fender wells on the rockers and rear portion of the fender and front portion of the quarter.

The Ranger stripe is the other one that went along the bottom, but those were not introduced until 1973.

Drew

I have a 69 Bronco. It is Candy Apple Red and has the white stripes along the rocker panels from the rear of the vehicle to the front. Are those stickers? They look like it. Are they hard to get off without damaging the paint? Were they an option or associated with a specific package? Sorry for all the questions!

Jim

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Jim

Originally painted on and in 66 only as Drew mentioned. White or red.

20190607_204207.jpg

JimClark

The offending stripes were removed this morning. Very easy with the help of a hair dryer. The Bronco looks so much better!!

frenchman

I have 1973 with color code 5 I don't see that code on your list Looks to be the Grabber Blue is that correct
Thank you

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Bringing this back up.

All years that had a candy apple red show 2008 Red as the color.

Can I presume this color would be the same from year to year?

66CTBronco

Contributor
Loc.
New england
I first found this thread when I was looking for touch up paint for my 66 Wimbledon white. I read about the “thin” quality of the duplicolor rattle cans but thought so what... two coats. Well three coats later I’m pleased to say the match is fantastic. Some welding on the window frame and a quick spray blend and the colors are identical... the hinges were sagging so I made bronze oilite bushings. The window frame was hitting the B pillar and caused the window frame to crack on three sides at the vent window. Some wire feed welding and sanding a quick flash of primer and three thin coats of the duplicolor and bang. I wouldn’t mix my paint that thin but it covered and leveled well... very happy. Thanks for the list of colors and codes! The lower end I painted the scratch is on original paint. I’ll hit it with 3M Finnesse-it and the gloss will be there! Thanks!
C

Attachments

• 30A6F7D1-349C-4B7F-8CC1-990A3F92CF7F.jpeg
    30A6F7D1-349C-4B7F-8CC1-990A3F92CF7F.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 95946B8C-6302-4B5E-9968-9C6C08653554.jpg
    95946B8C-6302-4B5E-9968-9C6C08653554.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 29

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I first found this thread when I was looking for touch up paint for my 66 Wimbledon white. I read about the “thin” quality of the duplicolor rattle cans but thought so what... two coats. Well three coats later I’m pleased to say the match is fantastic. Some welding on the window frame and a quick spray blend and the colors are identical... the hinges were sagging so I made bronze oilite bushings. The window frame was hitting the B pillar and caused the window frame to crack on three sides at the vent window. Some wire feed welding and sanding a quick flash of primer and three thin coats of the duplicolor and bang. I wouldn’t mix my paint that thin but it covered and leveled well... very happy. Thanks for the list of colors and codes! The lower end I painted the scratch is on original paint. I’ll hit it with 3M Finnesse-it and the gloss will be there! Thanks!
C

A local bronco friend redid his dash with a duplicolor matching paint in Wimbledon white and turned out very nice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dickie

What a great thread. Doug your amazing. Thanks for the hard work. I have a 76 y code but I have heard of a debate going on what that orange looked like. Y code was not accurate apperently.

BroncoJimbo

Contributor
Long-term owner
Loc.
North GA
What a great thread. Doug your amazing. Thanks for the hard work. I have a 76 y code but I have heard of a debate going on what that orange looked like. Y code was not accurate apperently.
Yep. My '76 still sports its original orange paint but apparently there was no orange in 1976?